PDA

View Full Version : Confused about something.

Estranged
12-30-2003, 07:15 PM
I`ve been reading about the whole process of sealing your car. Now reading through posts I still don`t understand what exactly this is. For example, following the whole Zaino process, there is no final sealing process. From what I understand, I will end the detail with the Z5. What exactly do I do to seal my polish?

imported_BretFraz
12-30-2003, 07:18 PM
The polish *is* the sealant, at least in terms of Zaino. Z2, Z3, and Z5 are all final step products. You have to finish all your polishing, swirl removal, etc before using them.

Estranged
12-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Gotcha. Generally, is it a good idea to do the whole process with just 1 brand? I`m a newbie and I rather just follow these steps for my first time before I start mixing brands. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Z&Category_Code=APPLICATION

Another question. I got a pearl white car, thus, swirls and minor scratches are barely visible if they do exist on my car. Can I just skip z5? Or does z5 serve purposes other than repairning scratches to the car?

Thanks for the help.:xyxthumbs

BillNorth
12-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Yes, follow the directions on the zaino web site. No ned to mix and match products. When you get more comfortable then go ahead if you wish.

Zaino claims to be something close to 99% optically clear. As such it will magnify any existing swirls you have on your paint, regardless of colour. My advice would be to remove whatever swirls you have before zainoing. Z5 does not really work as advertised. It won`t remove your swirls. They claim that it will temporarily hide your swirls by filling them in. Many Z users can attest that this is not the case. Many of the vets on here actually use z5 exclusively because they feel that it darkens the finish a bit and provides more depth in the paint than z2.

Bill.

imported_BretFraz
12-30-2003, 10:46 PM
You can stick with one brand if you prefer. Many people do just that. But you will find most of us here at Autopia are constantly experimenting with various products and combos, looking for that next best shine.

If you cannot see or do not want to mess with the swirls, feel free to use Z2 instead of Z5. Frankly the diffs in the products are pretty minor so either product will work fine. Z5`s swirl filling capability is quite modest so you cannot count on it to do the job a real swirl mark remover will do.

ramhunter24
12-30-2003, 11:07 PM
I am also a newbie and have the entire Zaino process on my black vehicle. I would love some advise as I also have some minor swirls, on the steps/process I should use to remove these swirls. I do my applications by hand, and just today ordered some MF`s from Pakshak. I want a very nice shine with the wet look and it appears from some comments that I should lean towards Blackfire ontop of the Zaino product???? Sorry for my elementary ??`s just want to make sure I am doing everything correct to get that awesome black wet shine..

chris0626
12-31-2003, 01:52 AM
Estranged and ramhunter24: Since you`re asking questions about polishing and surface-prep, it sounds like you both might benefit from reading the Autopia Guide to Detailing (http://autopia-carcare.com/tps-accgtd-cd.html) – it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support Autopia … so it’s a good cause. :up You can also find lots of good, basic info for free by reading David`s articles at the "Learn" icon at the top of the page.

My quick reply to your query, Estranged: Uncle Bretfraz and Uncle BillNorth have given you great advice. Also, you`ll find good info on Zaino in NickT`s thread in the Hall of Fame forum here on Autopia.

ramhunter24
12-31-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info Lynn, I will be doing more research on NickT`s thread, I hope it will answer the question of if I can substitute Z5 with another product and am I able to apply something like Blackfire ontop of my completion of the Zaino process.....