PDA

View Full Version : ??Protect All Polish, Wax & Treatment??

tnoy66
12-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have used this lately http://www.protectall.com/pawaxlg.htm

I did a search and found this from the archives http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15695&highlight=Protect+All+Polish+Wax+and+Treatment

Any comments about this whether good or bad will be appreciated.

I have some samples of this and QEW heading my way and having just done P21s GEPC (see its not been forgotten;) ) and P21s wax, does anybody know how this sample stuff will react with the P21s wax??

I know the QEW`s great and can`t wait to try it. If you want to see a really dirty car cleaned with it look here http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=126219

Thanks in advance :)

imported_Larry A
12-31-2003, 01:15 PM
I used the Protect All a few years ago and found it a great spray wax , its more for between waxes , it has more waxes in it than a q.d.. For some reason the aerosol worked better than the spray bottle.

Mr. Clean
12-31-2003, 06:51 PM
I still use Protect All`s Polish/Wax on the wheels of our `96 Volvo 850 GLT. It gives them a very nice shine and leaves a slick surface.

tnoy66
01-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys.

Well I`ve got the samples and will try them out this weekend....rain permitting! Car is just about right for the QEW test and then I`ll try this Protectall Polish/Wax on half the bonnet (hood) and redo the P21s wax on the other half.

Originally posted by Mr. Clean

I still use Protect All`s Polish/Wax on the wheels of our `96 Volvo 850 GLT. It gives them a very nice shine and leaves a slick surface.

Has it made the brake dust less of a problem now?

tnoy66
01-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by tnoy66

Well I`ve got the samples and will try them out this weekend....rain permitting! Car is just about right for the QEW test and then I`ll try this Protectall Polish/Wax on half the bonnet (hood) and redo the P21s wax on the other half.

Ok, it stayed dry :)

Used the QEW sample :xyxthumbs

Then I tried the sample of Protectall Polish/Wax. This came as a piece of sponge soaked with the Polish/Wax. Instructions said to dab it onto car and then spread it out. So I dabbed it onto bonnet (hood) and with a yellow hand applicator went to spread it out. It did not spread out smoothly, it felt like I was having to drag it across the surface. I then wiped it off with a MF, came off ok.

Then got my P21s Wax and applied that next to the Protectall Polish/Wax. Went on nice and smooth and wiped off easy.

Couldn`t really see a difference in shine as it was overcast.

Personally, I`ll stick to the P21s wax. :)

If you`re wondering why I was trying it, I was sent the samples by Protectall after enquiring about the possibility of QEW in the UK.

Mr. Clean
01-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by tnoy66

Has it made the brake dust less of a problem now?

The amount of brake dust attracted to the wheels is not diminished, but they are much easier to clean (ie. more rinsing less scrubbing). This is just an added bonus to the nice and shiny appearance.