PDA

View Full Version : Pc 7336

stevet
12-29-2003, 07:13 PM
I received a PC 7336 for Christmas. This model came with the 6 inch counter weight and a sanding disk. This disk is 6 inches but is not a velcro plate. Has anybody tried attatching some velcro to this plate so that it can be used with the pads with the velcro back? I can purchase some velcro backing and glue it to the plate. I think it will work, just wondering if anybody has tried it and how it worked out.

BillNorth
12-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Someone tried it ages ago. I remember reading the thread. Apparently it was successful. I didn`t hear much about it after the initial thread.

Accumulator
12-30-2003, 12:08 PM
stevet- I too would REALLY encourage you to spend the few bucks and get a proper velcro plate. You sure wouldn`t want things to come UNglued when you`re polishing your vehicle- there`s a potential for SERIOUS damage.

stevet
12-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Accumulator,

I have a couple proper backing plates. I have Megs backing plate and a porter Cable one. The thing is the one that came with the machine looks the same as the Porter Cable velcro backing plate I have except it has no velcro. If I some how attatched some velcro to the plate they look like they would be exactly the same plates.

I understand what your saying about the plate getting unglued, I was just wondering if there was a way to do this so that wouldn`t happen?

Accumulator
12-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Stevet- OK, I see. If you try it, just make sure you use good "adhesive procedures". Clean both surfaces well, use a GOOD adhesive, etc. Even if you just saved it for a back-up, at least it would be of SOME use to you that way, so sure, go for it.