PDA

View Full Version : Heresy - I Say HERESY!

Gadfly
12-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Last night while in the garage smoking a cigarette I spied a spray bottle of - please forgive me - Turtle Wax Express Shine. I had not used this product for over a year - at least since I subscribed to this forum.

My black Santa Fe looked pretty good with two months on the last coat of EX, but I decided to retry the Turtle Wax. To my astonishment the product looked terriffc! (I now read and follow directions on the container.)

The next morning the car still looked great. However, Turtle Wax Express Shine is a class A dust magnet. So much for my re-discovery of the product.

Sometimes, I think, we denigrate "common" products just because they are "common" and not because they don`t work as advertized.

Ray aka Gadfly

togwt
12-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Quote: Heresy - I Say HERESY!

~One man’s opinion~

When I came to this forum I heard terms like consumer, professional, designer products and asked what’s the difference, try them, if they work use them, if they don’t work…you know the rest.

There are some products I no longer use because there are better (more advanced) and easier to use products available and some for the reasons you stated in your post, although I still have a tin of Simoniz (it’s a SOB/PITA to apply or remove, but a produces a great deep shine) just to remind me, don’t look back.

>Hope this helps<

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

imported_neoflex
12-29-2003, 01:33 PM
One prduct that I love to use that I don`t see mentioned much here is EOs Wax as you Dry. I love this product and think it works great when used after every wash.

BoxsterCharlie
12-29-2003, 01:36 PM
I`d rather be an Autopian with $20 worth of stuff from AutoZone than a layperson with a shelf full of premium products I didn`t know how to use! :)