PDA

View Full Version : Drought alert means commercial car wash only

Pages : [1] 2

manicrodder
12-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Effective 1-01-04, Las Vegas area prohibits car washing except at commercial facilities with sewer connection(recycle). A deviation from the requirement allows for mobile detail power wash. Does anyone know of good waterless cleaning products? Years ago I tried Dri-Wash & Guard but noticed scratches. I may go back to the 2 bucket wash/rinse in my garage. I used this metod before with bottle or purified water with good results as I lived in a hard water area. I am not opposed to the commercial washes. I just get a better wash at home.

Thans.

tnoy66
12-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Sounds like the perfect job for QEW.....especially if you can *hide* in your garage to do it.

Have a read of this http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31242

VegasShawn
12-29-2003, 12:45 PM
http://www.lvvwd.com

"Also allowed is use of a commercial high-pressure, low-volume sprayer as long as you use 10 gallons of water or less per vehicle. "

They might mean only at a do-it-yourself car wash, but I`m sure a home pressure washer would be ok. I assume that ANY pressure washer could be considered a "commercial sprayer"

You can easily wash a car with 10 gallons or less of water, with a pressure washer. Just be careful!

Scott P
12-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe sounds just like what you need. PM Poorboy to find a distributor near you.

shaf
12-29-2003, 10:16 PM
I would also suggest QEW. I don`t know how Las Vegas legislation works, but some people have even bought bottled water to use with QEW (it only uses 1 gallon max.), and then showed the water police the reciept when they come.

Do a search on this - it works well and is more economical than other products.

hondaguy2582
12-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Just wash inside your garage and no one will know ;)

missnancylynn
12-30-2003, 02:05 AM
I would totally wash in the garage with QEW. Who would know?? Do it at night even!

VegasShawn
01-08-2004, 04:52 PM
FYI, they just changed to rules on personal car washing:

Drought Restrictions—Vehicle Washing

All personal vehicle washing in the valley requires a leak-free hose with a positive shut-off nozzle. Water cannot run more than 5 minutes.

Commercial vehicles must be washed at a commercial facility during all stages of drought.

No problem! That`s more than reasonable.

manicrodder
01-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks. SNWA informed me that any method using 10 gallons or less is OK.

GoodnClean
01-09-2004, 01:51 AM
I definately reccomend QEW over S&W for replacing your bucket and hose washing routine. S&W is a great product for in between wash need and QD need situations, but IMHO its not a true replacement for a bucket and hose like QEW is.

Myles
01-09-2004, 04:24 AM
:sosad

Get back to me when you have had years of drought and can legally only wash out of a bucket, with no hose usage allowed.

At least the coin op is legal, thank gawd

RJJ
01-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Does not sound like a good situation, just how bad is your drought??

manicrodder
01-11-2004, 01:18 PM
It appears to be severe. Las Vegas area is the fastest growing community in the US. We have had a wet year (by averages) for rain but our supplies are drawn from the Rockies, which have had little snow pack for some time. Most water is utilized by residential properties, the majority of which have lawns. Incentives are in play to reverse turf installation in new and existing lawns. It is sad to say, but many residents do not try to conserve, as evidenced by water running on streets, which I hate because it dirties a clean car when unable to slow down. End result will be citations and higher water rates. The rates here have been low until the present compared to many communities. Those who waste will lighten every wallet as a result.

manicrodder
01-17-2004, 01:34 PM
I ordered QEW and tried it. It is great! I am not going to miss the hose washing at all.

VegasShawn
01-17-2004, 03:52 PM
I think i need to order some QEW myself. I have done everything the water district wants us to do. My sprinklers are all aimed correctly and set for the proper dates and times. I gotta keep my vehicles somewhat clean and I doubt anyone would give me a hard time about QEW.