PDA

View Full Version : New Black Vehicle

GO Dawgs
12-27-2003, 11:03 PM
I just purchased my first black vehicle but I am not new to the detailing scene, what do i need to do to manage it, I washed it the other day and for some reason or another it looked sort of hazy after a few days, it is an 04 truck. I also ordered package deal from pak shak. What do I need to do and what do I need to use, would really like to use Meguires products. Please give detailed information please. Thanks for your help

madazskunk
12-27-2003, 11:22 PM
New Black vehicle needs alot of time and patience.:D

Your best bet would be to find a good quality wash mitt and proper wash technique first off. Going with the pakshack towells is a good start. Since it is new you might wanna cllay it and then use a mild polish and check the results before you wax. With the info you gave i would start with meguiars swirl free polish and go from there.

chris0626
12-28-2003, 02:13 AM
Actually, I think your best bet would be to click on the "Learn" icon and read the "how-to" articles. To get the results you want, you need to learn to wash, clay, and wax/seal correctly. Also, you might want to read thru a bunch of the threads that have been posted in the Autopia Univ section, since those deal with many of the basic issues in car-care. (BTW, I moved this thread into the AU forum, `cause that`s where we ask folks to ask their beginning questions.)

imported_JetBlack
12-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Congrats on your new truck.

Originally posted by madazskunk

New Black vehicle needs alot of time and patience. :D

Very true. If there is a chance they will swap it for a white truck I`d go for it :D

Originally posted by Lynn

Actually, I think your best bet would be to click on the "Learn" icon and read the "how-to" articles.

Yeah also you might want to search "black car" and such and read also. There has been a few threads on how to take care of black paint. I`ve had mine for about 2 years now.

I have a love and hate relationship with my car. I love the way it looks, but I hate the amount of time I spend on it to keep it looking so good.

GO Dawgs
12-28-2003, 08:34 AM
So what kind of car wash would you use and do you order Meguires from their website?

imported_BretFraz
12-28-2003, 08:40 AM
:welcome to Autopia

Another thing you should consider is purchasing a detailing guide to help you develop a detailing regimen. Having a weekly, monthly, and yearly detailing plan will make car care a lot easier for you.

Have a look at the Autopia Guide to Detailing CD. Click Here - http://autopia-carcare.com/tps-accgtd-cd.html

It`s only $9.95 and worth every penny if ya ask me. This can be a reference you will use for years and will help you greatly in determining what techniques and tools need to be used to solve certain problems.

Good luck and happy detailing!

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by GO Dawgs

I just purchased my first black vehicle but I am not new to the detailing scene, what do i need to do to manage it,

What do I need to do and what do I need to use, would really like to use Meguires products. Please give detailed information please. Thanks for your help

GO Dawgs,

Since you mentioned that `you are not new to the detailing scene` and that you `would really like to use Meguiars products, I`d have to suggest using their Professional line of products, rather than other enthusiast type products.

I`ve included a link to Meguiars where you can review some of the Professional products available.

http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showroom_template.cfm

I hope this helps...

imported_memnuts
12-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Welcome Dawgs to Autopia and the family of black car owners!!! :wavey

Do a "search" of product lines and past threads on their usage and results. Normally, professionals, hobbist or just weekend warriors find benefits from many sources ( 3M, Meguiar`s,Zaino, 1Z, Menzerna, etc). Do not narrow your horizon.

Detailing is a worldwide endeavor with many fine products found outside of our (USA) borders with very high professional standards.

Bottom line is that it is not the products but the skill, organization of plan (well stated by Bret), and developing (advancing) those skills.

Have fun and welcome to Autopia . :wavey

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Bottom line is that it is not the products but the skill, organization of plan, and developing (advancing) those skills.

blkZ28Conv,

I especially like the part about the `skill, organization of plan and developing (advancing) those skills`.

Very good advice!