PDA

View Full Version : DC

JaredPointer
09-11-2004, 09:10 PM
I enjoy reading and posting at DC as much as anyone. I have gained a vast understanding of detailing and detailing products that I didn’t know was available. One of the main reasons I like DC so much is that it is one of the few forums I have ever taken part in that does not wind up in a ‘flame’ war. There have been a few posts recently that have crossed this line, that in my opinion, have been ‘not so friendly.’ Just to take a quick review of a couple of rules for the forums…

3. Be polite to each other. We are all professionals here. At least act like one.

5. Use common sense. If you can`t say anything nice then don`t say anything at all.

Very simple rules, posted by the man himself. I understand people will have different opinions on procedures as well as products. This is just the way the world works. What is disheartening about it is the fact that sometimes these feelings get very personal and are carried into the forums. DC is meant to be a learning/sharing tool for detailing. If the post is irrelevant to the thread, personal disagreement, or not beneficial in any way, use a PM or email. I am sure most of us here don’t want to see DC become a place for personal stabs at each other, which by the there is a remedy for…

4. If you feel that you are being attacked let a moderator or the administrator know about it and the problem will be addressed ASAP.

Please let’s keep DC a good place to learn for pros and newbs alike. DC is a great place to learn and share knowledge of the detailing skill and I for one would hate to see it digress into a lesser form of being. DC is one of the most friendly boards I have ever been a part of – and I have participated in a lot (I sit in a cube all day). I hope to keep it that way. DC is also great in the fact that we are all like one big family here. Just look at some of the support threads for all of the members we have that are going through trying times. I have yet to see it matched online so far. So please, let’s keep DC a great place to be!!

(And before anyone gets hot under the collar...this is not directed at anyone imparticular. It`s just been an observation of mine recently that we are not being as friendly/polite when someone disagrees with our own point of view.)

Sorry for the length and for being kind of personal about this, but I just felt the need to share how I felt about it with you guys. Keep it real.

The Chee
09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Agreed Jared, I hope DC doesn`t turn into a place where people have a go at each other rampantly. http://detailcity.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif . Can you/any mods remove the offensive coloured sig which we know is a personal stab at another member.

If you have a problem please leave it outside the door before you step into DC :naughty :naughty

Boss_429
09-11-2004, 09:48 PM
There I removed it............. I won`t be needing it anymore.

The Fuzz
09-11-2004, 11:09 PM
All I have to say is that people need to quit whining. I`m tired of it. Let`s just go back to what we were doing and be civil to each other. If you have a personal issue with one of the other members, then take it off the board to battle it out. If you are spamming, then knock it off. If you are being rude, then knock it off. If you are being a pain in my ass, then knock it off. New policy... No Whiners.