PDA

View Full Version : Best Vacuum Ever!

alphonsus
12-27-2003, 02:22 AM
Before I start I am not a paid endorser for Dyson Inc or do I work for them.

The Dyson by far is the best vacuum on the market. I have the basic cheapest Dyson vacuum and it works great. I used the vaccume on a small 2 square feet of carpet that has not been vacuumed forever, and the dyson sucked all the years of dirt right out. I was blowned away how great it worked. The Vacuum is the best at sucking dirt, dust, hair and small children. How does it work so well? Well the dyson creates a vortex in the dirt bin and doesnt clog like ordinary vaccums.

http://www.dyson.com/nav/inpageframe.asp?id=TECH/DYSONCYCLONE/PERF/PERF

I am going to detail a car this week and I`ll try and take some pictures for you guys. You guys will awe in amazement on how well it works. Anyways to learn more go to http://www.dyson.com . If anyone has a dyson and would like to add on please do. It`s not much more than a hoover but I do think it works a lot better. I just got it and I already feel like cleaning more.

wash_me
12-27-2003, 07:51 AM
Do you think a upright vacuum will work for auto detailing?:nixweiss

DantePasquale
12-27-2003, 09:01 AM
I was wondering about that too, Wash_Me. I think it has a 17 foot hose attachment, but it looks like the end is a 2 or 3 foot hard piece of plastic hose.......not sure if it will get into those tiny places all cars have.

Funny, almost everyone who has a Dyson loves it, yet I think it was Consumer Reports who ranked it 14th best of vaccuums they tested.......

I have a rainbow, old but a great machine!

Scott P
12-27-2003, 09:52 AM
I find Consumer Reports to be far from an authority on anything they review. They are just one of many research tools that can be used when looking to make a purchase.

imported_NHBFAN
12-28-2003, 10:08 AM
A Dyson should be great! You could purchase 5 or 6 Craftsman Car Vacs or 5.0 hp Rigids for the price of one Dyson.

armoredsaint
12-28-2003, 10:36 AM
Those vacs are $400! It should come with a beverage holder for that price!

cpaddock
12-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Dyson vacs do rock. My GF and I love ours. :wavey

Edit: This thread reminded me to call them and order accessories for our Dyson. One floor and one pet hair tool are on their way:bounce

AndyC
12-29-2003, 05:50 AM
I use a Dyson and have for some years now. Nothing comes close for lifting dirt and dust out of carpets and I`ve never had any problems with getting the nozzle into crevices etc.

I have 2 - one for use in the house and the other lives in the garage.

Corey Bit Spank
12-29-2003, 02:35 PM
STUPID DUST CUPS!!!!! :argue :argue :nono :cool:

foxtrapper
12-31-2003, 07:11 AM
The Eureka 4874 is also a sweet unit. I can say all the same things about it that you`ve said about the Dyson. I can also say it`s about 1/3 the price, quieter to run, and has better filtration.

togwt
12-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Quote: Best Vacuum Ever!

~One man’s opinion~

I’m always amazed the vacuum manufactures almost never state the actual vacuum rating (“WG) an X Hp / Amp motor has little meaning.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*