PDA

View Full Version : Clearkote Products??

MetalSludge
12-26-2003, 06:50 PM
I was reading in a magazine where someone was saying that there was nothing in the world that was as good on black paint as Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax. I have never seen this stuff anywhere or heard of it. Does anyone here know anything about it?

Also what about Clearkote Vanilla Moose? The guy was pretty hyped on it too.

grt1today
12-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Check the thread a few posts down by scottwax titled something with "bmw" in it. All your questions will be answered.:)

Scottwax
12-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by MetalSludge

I was reading in a magazine where someone was saying that there was nothing in the world that was as good on black paint as Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax. I have never seen this stuff anywhere or heard of it. Does anyone here know anything about it?

Also what about Clearkote Vanilla Moose? The guy was pretty hyped on it too.

Just curious, what magazine was this? I`ve been using Clearkote products for almost 2 years now when I stumbled on them at a local performance shop. Real good stuff. In addition to Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose, their QD, Quikshine is terrific.

MetalSludge
12-26-2003, 07:11 PM
SCOTTWAX I think it was in street trucks magazine. Not sure what issue it was in. I was at my cousins for xmas and was browsing through his back issues he has stacked in the garage.

PhilStatic
12-26-2003, 10:35 PM
After seeing what Scottwax has done with Vanilla Moose, I finally broke down and ordered some. I`ve only been able to use it once, but so far I`m impressed plus the sticker that came with the order was a nice touch lol. Thanks Scott

Scottwax
12-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by PhilStatic

After seeing what Scottwax has done with Vanilla Moose, I finally broke down and ordered some. I`ve only been able to use it once, but so far I`m impressed plus the sticker that came with the order was a nice touch lol. Thanks Scott

:nixweiss Actually, you should thank Everett Glass, the owner of Clearkote.

I`d agree that VM is a really good product. I use it on most of my details unless I am using something like Klasse SG or Platinum UPP which bonds better to Klasse AIO.

Pats300zx
12-27-2003, 07:23 AM
After seeing what Scottwax has done with Vanilla Moose, I finally broke down and ordered some.

Same here. Can`t wait to give it a try when things warm up out here on the East Coast. :D

Scottwax
12-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

The Clearkote Rubber/Vinyl Dressing is the very best tire dressing Ive ever used. Its not a shiney "pimp juice" look but leaves a dark,matt finish that doesnt sling and will last as long as anything Ive used. I like it much better than Endurance,303 and #40. One of Clearkotes most overlooked products and my favorite.

Agreed. It does last an extremely long time and has a nice matte look to it.