PDA

View Full Version : Desparation Tactics

fieval_72
12-26-2003, 05:35 AM
Greetings everybody.... I hope everyone is having a great holiday season. I`m new but I`ve tried reading all the "how to`s..." to get an idea of what to do (more like what I`ve been doing wrong). The problem is this: my car is black and the finish is gritty. From what I`ve read it definitely needs a clay job. Knowing this, I`m located in Korea and there really is no such thing as an "Auto Parts Store". I did manage to locate a Meguiar`s dealer here so my question would be this: if you could only use Meguiar`s products what would you do and what would you use? Thanks a lot folks and I hope to keep learning from the site!!!!

-J

imported_jgv
12-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi and welcome

Meguiars has a Mirror Glaze line clay (C-2000) that you can use. Also buy there Final Inspection (M-3416) that you can use a lubricant and QD. I recommend you polish the surface after claying with Swirl Free Polish (M-8232) and wax with Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (M-2611). Don`t forget to wash the car before doing all this, and to have some Micro-Fiber cloths (hey you`re from Korea, their homeland ;) ), and foam applicators (W-0004).

There are a lot more products and procedures but for a start this will do.

Good luck :D

fieval_72
12-26-2003, 08:06 AM
jgv....thanks for the suggestions. I`m planning a visit to the distributor tomorrow. I just hope they don`t charge me an arm and a leg for the products. You know it`s illegal for me to wash my car by myself? I just found that out today. That means auto car washes....T T...I`ll need all the help I can get. Thanks again!!!

imported_jgv
12-26-2003, 09:05 AM
You know it`s illegal for me to wash my car by myself? I just found that out today.

I imagine this law coming to the US... :scared

BlueDragonZ
12-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by fieval_72

You know it`s illegal for me to wash my car by myself?

So what would the punishment be if you`re caught?

I just can`t imagine NOT being able to clean my car myself because the law says so. I`m just glad to be in :usa

armoredsaint
12-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Why is that? Is it wasting water?

stevet
12-26-2003, 02:09 PM
fieval-72,

Why is it illegal to wash your car by yourself? Is it because of water restrictions or what?

thinksnow
12-26-2003, 02:33 PM
I guess the Home Depot "Well Water" sign isn`t as convincing in Seoul:)

rstype
12-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by BlueDragonZ

So what would the punishment be if you`re caught?

I just can`t imagine NOT being able to clean my car myself because the law says so. I`m just glad to be in :usa

Off topic, but I just found out it`s illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey and Oregon!

:eek:

raymond_ho2002
12-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Sounds like the ideal situation for QEW. No one would know you`re washing your car in your garage, or your friend`s garage..

fieval_72
12-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by stevet

fieval-72,

Why is it illegal to wash your car by yourself? Is it because of water restrictions or what?

Yes...it is because of water restrictions. As far as the consequences....I guess I would be slapped with a fine. But the part that makes this more:angry would be the fact that there`s a police station about 250 feet from my house!!! Of all the luck. Yes...more then a few reasons I wish I was back in the States, this just being one of them. Thanks for the help/responses.

-J

Spilchy
12-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by BW

Off topic, but I just found out it`s illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey and Oregon!

:eek:

Can you believe I have never pumped my own gas since I live in NJ! I have driven out of state with friends, but never pumped my own gas.

Scottwax
12-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by raymond_ho2002

Sounds like the ideal situation for QEW. No one would know you`re washing your car in your garage, or your friend`s garage..

Agreed. Even in California, where mobile detailers need to use a water reclaimation mat, since QEW takes less than 2 gallons of water, you don`t need the mat.