PDA

View Full Version : Quick review - `Ultimate Garages` book

KenSilver
12-26-2003, 12:09 AM
A couple months back I ordered the book "Ultimate Garages" but didn`t open the package until Xmas Day yesterday.

It was to be my little treat.

Well, despite hearing some non-enthusiastic comments earlier here about it, I have to say I personally found it a great book. Inspirational even.

It`s said that the creative person can find ideas in practically anything, and it is true of this book... I came up with a whole bunch of ideas from it for my next dream garage.

One of the main inspirations for me though was the number of owners who just kept on collecting and were forced to find a suitable park for their many autos. I had always thought it was more sensible to get two or three cars and keep on trading up to better quality. What am I missing! The joy of being able to choose among many cars for a different drive each day seems like a whole bunch of different strokes.

Maybe I`ll keep my current bunch and start adding to them. The storage details will no doubt take care of themselves.

This book showed the huge styles of home and some commercial car storage. And some garages were just out of this world.

Some owners had their walls covered in memorabilia - others had bare white, devoid of any decoration. Some were showcases - others were true workshops. All of them had something to offer the budding garageologist.

A great read, and inspirational. Yep, I recommend it.

Reflector
12-26-2003, 01:32 AM
how about some pics? :) :up

Especially of the workshop type.

KenSilver
12-26-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Reflector

how about some pics? :) :up

Not certain of copyright here. I`ll be safe than sorry unless anyone can assure me otherwise.

jimmybuffit
12-29-2003, 03:08 AM
I flipped thru it at a bookstore over the Holidays. Very well done.

More proof that some people have way too much money!

Jim

safetyman2010
12-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jimamary

I flipped thru it at a bookstore over the Holidays. Very well done.

More proof that some people have way too much money!

Jim

Especially the people who fork over what they are asking for this book! I seem to remember looking at it and immediately putting it back after seeing it was almost $60!

imported_kgb
12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I fliiped thru it at the book store a few times, cheaper than buying it. ;) I liked it but it depresses me knowing I will never have a garage like that. :lol