PDA

View Full Version : what should i use on my exterior trim panels?

imported_saleen4971
12-25-2003, 08:21 PM
what can i use on my trim panel things on the outside of my jeep? theyr supposed to be gray, any ideas?

andriver
12-25-2003, 09:36 PM
On my 96 Grand Cherokee I have used Poorboys Trim Restorer and also Clearkotes Rubber/Vinyl/ Leather treatment. Both products work well and bring back the faded color of your cladding. This is not a permanent solution. You will need to treat about every 60 days.

Pats300zx
12-26-2003, 07:04 AM
You might also want to try Meguiars Gold Class Trim Restorer. I have had great success with it as well. :up

vmunoz
12-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Stoner`s Trim Shine also works great on plastic body cladding and makes them look like new. Also, it`s available at any Pep Boys, Autozone and Walmarts.

V...

Accumulator
12-26-2003, 11:30 AM
It might be a little unorthodox, but on such surfaces *I* use AIO topped with BFII (or P UPP or sometimes even SG). Holds up great in the rain and doesn`t need redone very often.

Spilchy
12-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

It might be a little unorthodox, but on such surfaces *I* use AIO topped with BFII (or P UPP or sometimes even SG). Holds up great in the rain and doesn`t need redone very often.

Agreed. I use AIO without any topping. I have found that Vanilla Moose and Moose Wax work well too, but the AIO lasts a long time.

imported_FordTaurus
12-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Stoner`s Trim Shine is the best product I have used on our Explorer`s lower trim and bumpers, it`s cheap, and you can get it almost anywhere. It comes in a spray can, so it`s easier to cover larger areas, such as those on your jeep (as long as the wind isn`t bad).

-FordTaurus