PDA

View Full Version : Has purchasing a PC made you change your product selection?

imported_NHBFAN
12-24-2003, 09:09 AM
I`m considering purchasing a PC in the near future so I`ve been pondering which products I`d would use with the PC. Seems to me certain products lend themselves to machine application better than others.

Example, it seems GEPC/SEPC would be easier to use with a PC than VM due to it`s consistency.

Presently my fav combo is VM & S100 neither seem like good choices for a PC.

Again these opinions are from someone who has never operated a PC so ... I could be way off the mark.

imported_BretFraz
12-24-2003, 09:21 AM
No question in my mind that a machine makes a product react differently. Sometimes you have to relearn a product when you start using it with a machine instead of by hand.

A machine can actually expand a product`s capabilities. Different speeds, pressures, and most of all, pads, can make a product more or less versatile. Handwork really limits what you can get out of a product.

This transformation is even more dramatic when a rotary is used. Its just another variable added to the equation that you must calculate.

When you introduce more variables (pad selection, heat from speed) you can get a product to act better or worse depending on the combination.

imported_CBX Carl
12-24-2003, 09:24 AM
I never really polished an auto until the PC and Autopia came along. I ended up trying both the Meguiars and 3M lines and settled with the Meguiars DACP and #9 applied with the PC.

imported_Greg
12-24-2003, 09:28 AM
I like VM on the PC- white pad after some DACP and about speed 3, works great and really evens out the surface if you got any hazing from the DACP.

togwt
12-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Quote: Has purchasing a PC made you change your product selection?

~One man’s opinion~

Hand application of products has a limited amount of variables

Rotary Polisher application adds to those variables with speed, heat, etc., etc.

Random orbital polisher adds to the variables due to it’s action, similar to ‘hand’ but more consistent (and a lot less tiring)

Add to all of the above the advances /improvement in both existing and new products and you have a whole new learning experience

You won`t regret buying a PC and I think you`ll enjoy re-thinking what a product can do because of it

>Hope this helps<

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

dtsang
12-24-2003, 10:09 AM
when i purchased a pc, it opened up my world to the machine applied stuff. i used to be a zaino zealot. after i purchased the pc, i really got to like meguiars pro stuff. i use some 3m here and there, but it`s minimal at best. and after all that machine stuff is done, i pick from either zaino/klasse/meguiars based on the color of the car.

imo, it doesn`t really change your product selection, it complements it. the hand products will still be applied by hand, some (klasse aio) can go both ways. and more than anything else, it will help your manual applications.

imported_NHBFAN
12-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Greg

I like VM on the PC- white pad after some DACP and about speed 3, works great and really evens out the surface if you got any hazing from the DACP.

Glad to hear I won`t have to give up VM when I get my PC!!!

andriver
12-24-2003, 10:08 PM
I too have noticed that the PC changes some of the characteristics of some of the products. I have recently started using 1Z products. I have used them by hand and by PC. The PC really enhances the way these products work. From now on I will use the PC to apply the 1Z polishes.