PDA

View Full Version : Question for all QEW/S&W users

ntwrkguy1
12-23-2003, 07:19 AM
I`ve searched the archives, and have seen a few posts touch on this, but haven`t got a satisfactory answer to this question: For all of those who are using QEW/S&W, how effectively does this solution remove brake dust? And is there a limit as to how much brake dust this method will remove?

For my own car, it`s not much of an issue since I keep #20 on my wheels, and keep them relatively clean all the time. But I was curious about doing clients` wheels using this method. I`ve been using S&W for about a month now on my car, and am impressed with the results. I`ve yet to try it on any really dirty wheels, though.

Any advice?

Poorboy
12-23-2003, 09:30 AM
I would think it would depend on if the brake dust is baked on or not. If it was not baked on then I know Spray and Wipe will remove it easily...and I`m sure QEW would do the same. If it is baked on, usually a non abrasive polish would be the way to start.:)

ntwrkguy1
12-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info......and the great product!

imported_Greg
12-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Personally, I would just rather spray some wheel cleaner that is certainly cheaper than S&W, APC+ dilluted down, to remove brake dust. I really see no point in using something that costs $37/gallon to remove brake dust. QEW does as good of job as any other car wash to remove brake dust IMO.