PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailers that are OK to use with Klasse SG?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_The Uncle
12-22-2003, 01:29 PM
So, i`ve been carefully reading all the threads here about quick detailers and what can be used with Klasse SG (keeping in mind that I intend I have two layers on now, and want to add a few more layers for protection and durability). I understand that I can`t use any detailers with Caruba, and I can`t use detailers with Silicones. I know that several of you mentioned Meguair`s Final Inspection. I will order some of that product next time I`m getting a shipment of detailing stuff. But, in the meantime, are there consumer products (like the ones I can get at PEP BOYS) that I can use? I already have a bottle of Meguairs Quick Detailer as well as Mother`s Showtime. Can I use these? There seems to be some inconsistency in opinions on this issue here at AUTOPIA so I`m not sure how to proceed.

togwt
12-22-2003, 01:39 PM
~One man’s opinion~

a) Klasse AIO is water-soluble (before it’s cured) 3oz in a 16oz (used / cleaned) spray bottle. Just be aware that it contains a solvent cleaner.

b)Sonus Spritz, it’s made by the same formula as Klasse (avil. Autopia)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect * so i question everything *

stevet
12-22-2003, 02:03 PM
I have used Mothers Showtime, Eagle one Wet Wipe and Shine, Megs Quick detailer, and Megs Final Inspection. All of these worked well with no problems. They don`t have carnuba in them but Final Inspection is the only one I know of that doesn`t contain silicone, it is body shop safe.

BillNorth
12-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by stevet

I have used Mothers Showtime, Eagle one Wet Wipe and Shine, Megs Quick detailer, and Megs Final Inspection. All of these worked well with no problems. They don`t have carnuba in them but Final Inspection is the only one I know of that doesn`t contain silicone, it is body shop safe.

stevet,

I have to disagree with this. Mothers showtime and Megs Quick detailer do have trace amounts of carnuba in them. They were specifically made for use with both company`s respective carnuba waxes to rejuvinate the wax layer between applications.

You are correct about FI and E1. Neither contain carnuba.

In general,

I personally do not believe in the whole concept of QD`ing. The less you touch your car, the less chance of putting any micro-marring in it, even when using quality MF`s on a just washed surface. JMHO...

Uncle,

If you really want to get your hands on a non-carnuba, locally sold QD try the eagle one. As mentioned it has no carnuba in it and can be bought at pep-boys and the like.

Bill.

stevet
12-22-2003, 03:13 PM
BillNorth,

I was told by Megs customer support that Quick detailer does not contain carnuba. You may be right, I am just going on what they told me. Either way I have used it with Klasse and had no problems.

I sent a PM to Forrest a while ago and asked him if Show time contained carnuba, he said it didn`t. Again I have used this with Klasse and had no problems.

BillNorth
12-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Steve, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

In my experience, both QD`s have streaked in the same manner as other carnuba based qd`s I have used. I remember discussing this topic ages ago with some other members. At the time we were led to believe both did contain carnuba.

I believe forrest. Meguiars reps on the other hand offer to much conflicting info to be taken seriously (excluding mike - I wonder what he knows about the QD?).

As for using them with klasse, I see no problem either. *If* either product does have carnuba it would be so minimal that a wash or 2 day wait would probably get rid of it.\

Anyway, thanks again.

Bill.

imported_The Uncle
12-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Thanks guy, this is all very helpful.

Bill, just so you know, your instructions on applying SG were really quite helpful, and gave me great results.

BillNorth
12-22-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Thanks guy, this is all very helpful.

Bill, just so you know, your instructions on applying SG were really quite helpful, and gave me great results.

Uncle,

That`s great to hear!!! Another success story!!!

Gald to be of help!

:xyxthumbs

forrest@mothers
12-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Nope, no carnauba in Showtime.

Scott P
12-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Quik Shine contains no carnauba or silicones, so it should work just fine. I just put Klasse on the wife`s car a few weeks ago and weather conditions haven`t allowed me to test it.

imported_The Uncle
12-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by forrest

Nope, no carnauba in Showtime.

Is it silicone free as well?

madazskunk
12-23-2003, 03:33 AM
I think I got my final inspection at pep boys or somewhere . I know I got it locally. Try looking up local retailers on meguiars web site. By the way I`ve been using FI on Klasse with no problem.

imported_prgallo
12-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer (UGE) is pretty awesome. Looks like the SG is fresh, very smooth as well.

forrest@mothers
12-23-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Is it silicone free as well?

It does contain silicone, as do most other QD`s. Silicone isn`t a bad word, as long as the proper type is used.

beastie
12-23-2003, 11:43 AM
I use Eagle One and Sonus to good effect.