PDA

View Full Version : Ain`t it special though

keeotee
09-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Well, I was on DC this morning minding my own business when my computer crapped out on me. Tore it down a bit and the CPU markings were melted. Thing must have heated up pretty good because I heard something metallic inside pop, a minute later again and then dead. :ghost

So I ran out and bought another this morning and now I`m spending all day installing software, getting the printer to work and just being all-around PO`d because the new PC doesn`t have the same cable setup for me to add in my old hard drive as a slave - ain`t that special!

Oh, you must be asking if I have a backup. Well, I`ve been in the IT business for 21 years now, so of course I DON"T have a backup! :beat :doh

perry
09-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Couldn`t just replace the CPU? Buying a whole new computer because the CPU dies seems a bit excessive. Or motherboard and CPU if both went, still seems cheaper.

You can use the cable from the old computer in the new one to transfer data...

keeotee
09-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Nah, cables don`t match. The new one has an entirely different cable and setup than the old one. I`ve never seen a cable like this one before. Slot on the board is different as well.