PDA

View Full Version : Rubber from burnouts

Way2SSlow
09-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey guys,

Are there any products that you use to make taking off rubber from burnouts off of the rear quarter panels a little easier? Usually I just go to the quarter driven car wash and spray it off, but it`s still a PITA. I dont want to use my pressure washer beacuse my driveway is white, adn then I would have to clean it. I cant stop the burnouts, cuz you cant make a pass down the strip without heatin` the tires up a bit.

Beemerboy
09-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Poorboys pro-polish he used it at the tracks for that reason and said eveyone loved it

Don
09-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Meguiars Quik Wax (spray wax) applied to the quarter panels just prior to hitting the track makes removal easier

Nickc0844
09-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Haha Wade, good to have a fellow N.Georgian here. :welcome There`s been a few newbies from our area in the past month finding us. Pro Polish is a great choice, but if you have a bug and tar remover already at your house, try that too with a cotton towel (don`t use it for paint afterwards).

What are you burning out with? We had a friend do the burnout contest at Dixie Speedway a few weeks ago; it was hilarious. I personally have a little bit :naughty on my Harley VROD as we speak.

We`ll see you around~~

Way2SSlow
09-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Nickc0844
Haha Wade, good to have a fellow N.Georgian here. :welcome There`s been a few newbies from our area in the past month finding us. Pro Polish is a great choice, but if you have a bug and tar remover already at your house, try that too with a cotton towel (don`t use it for paint afterwards).

What are you burning out with? We had a friend do the burnout contest at Dixie Speedway a few weeks ago; it was hilarious. I personally have a little bit :naughty on my Harley VROD as we speak.

We`ll see you around~~

Burning out with my Impala SS. May not be the fastest car on the strip, but it is pretty fun to race. Depending upon what time I leave the track, I will either go straight home and go to bed, or go to the quarter car wash and spray the rubber off. I do kinda like driving it with the numbers and rubber still on it. There are so many little B*tches around this area that quote magazine 1/4 mile times and have never actually been to the strip. I didnt know there were too many North Gerogians on here. We`ll have to hookup for a cookout and some beer.

Later,

Bob
09-13-2004, 07:09 AM
There should be a product at your local hot rod and speed shop that will take it off easy. It is usally just a spray that you can spray on the rubber and it comes off pretty easy.

membim
09-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Use WD40 to remove gunked on drag rubber. Before each race night, apply Gedix Burnout Guard where the rubber builds up. This will help in removal.

Pro Polish is good for removing rubber from your race car. But burnout buildup is another story!

JasonD
09-15-2004, 12:05 PM
One word, WD40. It takes rubber right off without any hassle at all.