PDA

View Full Version : Looking For The Slimiest Car Wash !

Pages : [1] 2 3

rd_volvo
12-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Looking For The Slimiest and Slickest Car Wash !

In the past 25 years I have used many soaps as well as these :

Mothers Cal Gold

Megs Gold

Megs Hi Tech

P21s

Zymol Clear

Zymol Zurtle

One Grand W&W

And many more.

They all have various degrees of lubricity but I`m looking for slimey with good results.

Have not yet tried the Sonax. Is it that much more slick than gold class or p21s.

If my memory serves me correctly the blue Armorall concentrate was very slick and slimey. Am I right, anone here still use it?

Any suggestions?

thx

rd

imported_BretFraz
12-19-2003, 03:24 PM
The 3 most lubricious shampoos I`ve used are:

Zaino Z-7

Duragloss 901

Platinum Ultimate

Dunno if I`d call any of them slimey but they sure are slippery.

I used the blue Armor All stuff recently and it is "total garbage". Not slick and slippery at all. Loses it suds in a matter of minutes.

(*The phrase "Total Garbage" is a registered trademark of BretFraz, Inc. LLC. All rights reserved*)

imported_Totoland Mach
12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Rain-X has a product that I am using: Rain-X Wash & Wax (the wax part is pretty doubtful). It`s pretty slimy and does a nice job.

brokentelephone
12-19-2003, 05:03 PM
I have tried many many carwash soaps, and find the Meguiars Rich Suds extremely slimy/slick.

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/images/product_g18.gif

imported_jgv
12-19-2003, 05:22 PM
The new 1Z perls shampoo.

Give it a try. You`ll not want any other car shampoo. :xyxthumbs

RobD
12-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Pinnacle has a nice slippery feel, does a good job, too.

imported_Greg
12-19-2003, 06:22 PM
#62 is very nice IMO. I like Pinnacle`s too.

imported_jgv
12-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Greg, as a 1Z user, when are you going to try their new shampoo? I`m sure you`ll love it :bow

imported_Greg
12-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Must...resist...buying urges...

I will try it soon, is it that good?

topnotchtouch
12-20-2003, 01:29 AM
I have tried several and my favorites have always been Zymol car wash, Meguiars Gold Class car wash and lately Meguiars #62 professional car wash. None of them are that great on suds but, they all provide a nice slimy film that helps lift dirt away from the surface and aids in lubrication. I also recently purchased 1Z perls car wash which I will be trying out next week but, from what I understand it has similar properties.

tom p.
12-20-2003, 07:04 AM
I admit to having a car shampoo fetish. :D I like sampling the various products out there and have stumbled across a few goodies. I thought the Pinnacle car wash was among the best and bought a large quantity of it. Then I found this:

http://www.1z-usa.com/images/1z/exclusiv.JPG

Exclusiv is a gentle yet effective conditioning shampoo that does not contain wax-stripping acids or lye. The thick sudsing formula will carry away dirt and grime while hand conditioners protect your hands. Exclusiv does not contain formaldehyde.

the stuff is great and I really think it offers tremendous lubrication and appears effective at suspending junk so the car rinses cleanly when really dirty (wintertime, YUK). A nice product and I really like it !

rd_volvo
12-20-2003, 09:26 AM
Who sells this 1Z perls shampoo.

thx

imported_Greg
12-20-2003, 10:21 AM
Our very own Autopia car care store.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-981405.html

dmatre
12-20-2003, 10:23 AM
People may knock the Griot`s garage stuff, but I`ve found their car wash to be far slipperier (hope it`s spelled right) than the Megs.

The suds hold up great, and it smells pretty nice too.

It`s still my preferred car washing soap.

imported_Dude
12-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Both of the 1Z shampoos are pretty good. The 1Z shampoos are slimier; Z7 is slicker.