PDA

View Full Version : Step ladder for reaching roofs of SUV`s?

imported_NHBFAN
12-18-2003, 08:35 PM
What`s the best way to reach the roof of SUV`s?

I`ve seen a 2 or 3 step aluminum ladder at Wally World for about $17.

Good idea?

Dinzdale40
12-18-2003, 08:59 PM
i`ve been wondering this also, especially with a PC going that can get you off balance.

Patrick
12-18-2003, 09:22 PM
I just use a 3 step step stool, never had a problem....Under $10.00......

imported_Intel486
12-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Carefull w/ aluminum as they can get slippery when you`re working w/ soap and water.

Also, if you`re a big person, then the plastic ones can break... Had a friend just destroy mine when we were working on my truck.

andriver
12-18-2003, 11:20 PM
I use a Rubbermaid 2-step ladder. I think I bought it at Office Depot for under $20.

Scottwax
12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
I have an aluminum 4` step ladder. Since I inline skate all the time, I have decent balance so no problems even standing on the top step.

imported_NHBFAN
12-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

Carefull w/ aluminum as they can get slippery when you`re working w/ soap and water.

Also, if you`re a big person, then the plastic ones can break... Had a friend just destroy mine when we were working on my truck.

Thanks for the advice Intel486. Good to hear from you again.

Welcome back!

imported_NHBFAN
12-19-2003, 07:47 AM
I guess I should have added ... I intend to keep this latter chained in the back of my truck, exposed to the weather, so the step or ladder will have to be aluminum or plastic.

togwt
12-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Intel486

~One man’s opinion~

I’ve been using an aluminium ‘Plateau Platform’ (Griot’s Garage) that I got as present from the GF

One of our detailer is big guy and found it much easier to balance on a ‘flat’ platform than the stepladder he had been using.

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect * so i question everything *

AMDin93103
12-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Re: Slippery Aluminum Ladders

Go to a skateboard/surf shop and get some grip tape. It`s sold off of rolls and is about a foot wide. Cheap and takes abuse. Pretty sure it`s cheaper than the adhesive sandpaper that is used on concrete steps sold at Lowes. You`d have to make another stop though. My 2 cent.

-Stu.