PDA

View Full Version : ? about layering: klasse HGS + pinnacle souveran wax

jabroni
12-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi,

I`m new here. I was wondering, if I wanted to have more than one layer of the klasse High gloss sealant, would I have to put down all the layers first before putting the souveran wax over it?

Example: Let`s say I put only one layer of the klasse, and then wax with the souveran. A week later, I decide I want another layer of the klasse. What do I do next???

Jngrbrdman
12-18-2003, 05:48 PM
You can`t layer a sealant over a wax. Once you put down a wax your layering days are over. If you want more layers of sealant then you have to figure out how to strip the carnauba off without removing the Klasse too. Its best to get 3 or 4 layers of SG on and then go for the carnauba. Experience has shown that there isn`t a whole lot of benefit in going beyond 5 layers of SG anyway. 3 or 4 should do it and then you can top it with carnauba every few weeks to keep it looking awesome. :bigups

jabroni
12-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Now I have another question: with 3-4 layers of the SG on, how long would that last before I should strip everything off and reapply the AIO/SG?

If I wait a day in between coats of the SG to let it "cure," my car is still going to pick up dust or dirt. Should I just do I quick wipe down with an MF before applying another SG layer?

If I don`t have a garage and have to let the SG "cure" overnight outside, is this really bad?

Jngrbrdman
12-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Yup. BlackRegal said it best. :bigups If your car is dirty then wash it. Unless there is some sort of water ban in your city then there is no reason you can`t spray it off just to be sure you have a clean surface to work with. If its curing overnight then it is likely that you are going to have more than just dust on it. I would wash it before the next layer.

jabroni
12-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Thank you everyone for all the helpful comments. I won`t have the time to work on the car as much as I want (i.e. multiple layering/waxing) until summer though =(

On a side note, I hope my neighbors don`t think i am too crazy for washing my car frequently :)

Dinzdale40
12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
just wait until they see you take your wheels off to clean the wheel wells and dress the backs of the tires.....then you should see some of the looks you get....

jabroni
12-19-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Dinzdale40

just wait until they see you take your wheels off to clean the wheel wells and dress the backs of the tires.....then you should see some of the looks you get....

If I actually knew how to take the wheels off, I would! :D

My friend didn`t understand why I was trying to clean the wheel wells either the last time I washed my car.

AndyC
12-19-2003, 06:10 AM
On a side note, I hope my neighbors don`t think i am too crazy for washing my car frequently

-----------------------------------------------------

That`s half the fun of Autopian car care methods - my neighbours soon got used to it and just walk by shaking their heads and muttering "strange boy.."

togwt
12-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Quote: That`s half the fun of Autopian car care methods - my neighbours soon got used to it and just walk by shaking their heads and muttering "strange boy.."

~One man’s opinion~

My neighbour’s used to say similar things to me, then I overheard one of them say, “He should seek professional help†so I joined this forum (well I think that’s what they meant!)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

~ justadumbarchitect * so i question everything *