PDA

View Full Version : Recycled Water - Yay or Nay

pingable
12-17-2003, 04:27 PM
I belive in New York State or it may be NYC law that states that carwashes need to recycle their water. I`m thinking coin op car washes may not apply............and I`m hoping so.

Finally found some coin-op spray washes so that I have an outlet to rinse the car off during these cold months. The back of mind is just thinking if it`s recycled, how well the filter is working, at 1000PSI , etc and there is grit in the water........ARGH.

Just curious to see how comfortable ya`ll are with coin op washes.

ntoddalbert
12-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Try taking a drinking water bottle in next time and while the water is just trickling out of the wand (Trigger Released) fill the bottle. You can get a good look at the water quality. I find that it varies based on time of day, weather, amount of salt being rinsed off cars that day and if any atvs are around caked with mud.

Some days you wouldn`t want it used to put your car out if it was on fire its so bad. Other days it looks like you could drink it.... Go figure.

I don`t do the test anymore since I know IM gonna wash my car anyway, just one more thing for me to simmer about.

Life is short, too damn short, go ahead wash your car!

pingable
12-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Now that`s going to the extreme :D but I`m going to have to try the clear bottle just to satisfy my curiousity

00alero
12-24-2003, 11:15 PM
I know that in the middle of the wash cycle in a auto car wash, they use rec. water, and at the final end, fresh, but am not sure about coin op. I would think not, b/c people come in with their muddy four wheelers and wash wads of mud off into the drain, and I imagine if that went through the filter sys, it would be law suits galore. The best wash to go to is onbe with the reverse osmosis system. I have no idea what that means, but it leaves absolutely NO SPOTS, even w/o drying, NO SPOTS!