PDA

View Full Version : Can I get advice on this package and price?

AutoNova
12-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Please give me some ideas on what you all see with these packages, starting new business.

(Suggested every 2 weeks)

Time: 1-1.5 hours

1. 100% Hand Wash and Dry

2. Vacuum Interior

3. Bug and Tar removal

4. Windows inside and out

5. Clean and Dress tires

6. Clean Dash, Door and Trunk Jambs

7. Wipe-Down Interior

$60.00

Time: 2 hours

1. Includes Above

2. Clay surface

3. Quick Wax exterior

4. Vacuum trunk

5. Dress interior surfaces

$90.00

Time: 3-4 hours

1. Includes Above

2. Interior Detail Service (see below)

3. Meguiar’s Gold Class tire gel

4. Rain-X window treatment

$150.00

(Suggested every 3-4 months)

Time: 4-5 hours

1. Includes Above

2. Exterior Detail Service (see below)

I use the finest wash and protectant chemicals and waxes as well as micro fiber towels. I pay attention to all the details and I commit to taking care of any problems that occur.

Interior Detail Service: Includes spot clean upholstery, dress vinyl, leather and rubber, shampoo mats & carpet, wipe down doorjambs, clean crevices, vents and instruments.

Exterior Detail Service: Includes wash & dry, clay, 2-step wax process, polish rims, and clean engine.

Patrick
12-15-2003, 09:22 PM
How much is your first package ? I take it the prices are the amts mentined beforehand?

Your exactly in line with my prices here in So Cal.....

My bumper to bumper is 149.00 (Starting)

Interior or exterior starts at 89.00

Wash and wet wax starts at 29.00

imported_Greg
12-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Seems a bit pricey to me to start out, especially for the first one. Also, is a Geo Metro the same price as an H2? When you say 2 step wax process, does this mean polish, wax or what? Not sure what that means. No offense, but I wouldn`t consider Megs. Tire gel a big upselling point. Other than that, I think they look pretty good.

Edit: What type of polish and wax will you be using? Machine (PC or Rotary) or by hand?

Scottwax
12-15-2003, 10:29 PM
$60 for a hand wash? Good luck getting that.

Most car washes around here charge about $20 for a `works` wash (wash/vac/windows/dress tires) and my wash jobs run $25-35 depending on the size of the vehicle and I do a better job. Getting above $35 for a wash job would be pretty tough to do in the Dallas area.

At $60, I`d be doing a one step wax on cars, $70 for SUVs/vans.

Other than that, the prices don`t look too out of line.

AutoNova
12-16-2003, 07:29 AM
I appreciate the advice....the $60 package includes quite a bit of work, clay, quick wax, etc. As detailers we should all earn about $30-40 an hour and that is how I configured the package b/c in reality I don`t really want to sell the basic package.

The first package is actually $30 bucks, oops. I have been tellling most people that anything larger than a regular midsize car is an extra $15 but would need to look at the car.

I use CarBrite Laserbrite polish and Carnubua wax in te 2-step process.

imported_ajbarnes
12-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Looks pretty goood.:up

tnoy66
12-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

If I feel like doing one for free,I just walk out in my own driveway.;)

I wouldn`t shout too loud......or all your customers will be on your driveway :p :lol