PDA

View Full Version : Painters and Overspray.

drdetail
12-15-2003, 01:51 PM
I just got home from winter break and after two weeks of solid rain was itching to wash the car, and after i did, i noticed that the car was covered in little white dots, paint, window, trim, everywhere. Needless to say i crapped myself and passed out on the spot.

When i came to, i tried dawn washing, didnt work, so i embarked on a 4 hour claybar nightmare to get off every single tiny dot. Followed up with VM at speed 4 with a white pad on my PC, then a coat opf SG and then a coat of Blitz Wax. Came out ok, Majority of the paint looks great but there are still a few tiny dots here and there, ever have this happen to you,. Im thinking about how to kick some butts over this one.

Also, is there a better claybar out there besides mothers that is better suited for this kind of job.

stevet
12-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Meguiars body shop overspray clay is made for that.

Don`t you have bonding issues with SG over VM?

Gonzo
12-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Next time don`t drive on the white line, drive between `em

j/k

drdetail
12-15-2003, 05:07 PM
The paint is from peop[le who were painting my apartment building, on a nice windy day. I`ve had nothing but great results using vm with sg.

DetailQueen
12-19-2003, 10:27 AM
they painted a building next door to us blue and low and behold I was doing the samething you are doing ....cursing! I agree with stevet the meguiars overspray is great... you can read about it first at the site.

Good luck...maybe Santa will bring you a car cover!http://www.autogeek.net/megovclay.html

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Next time you need to remove household type `latex` paint, try Goof Off. This stuff is safe for all clear coats and works very well.

Just spray it on a cloth and wipe away the paint specks. It`s that easy. Then, of course, you`ll want to give the area a fresh coat of polish and wax.

You can find Goof Off at most home supply stores. I`m pretty sure their website is www.goofoff.com

drdetail
12-19-2003, 03:15 PM
sounds cool, the only bits remaing are almost microscopic and can barely be seen with the naked eye, but of course they`re driving me crazy, i ortdered the clay magic red bar to take car of the rest.

imported_mirrorfinishman
12-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by mirrorfinishman

Next time you need to remove household type `latex` paint, try Goof Off. This stuff is safe for all clear coats and works very well.

Just spray it on a cloth and wipe away the paint specks. It`s that easy. Then, of course, you`ll want to give the area a fresh coat of polish and wax.

You can find Goof Off at most home supply stores.

http://www.goof-off.com/index.html

A Division of the Valspar Corporation

Attn: Customer Service

The Valspar Corporation

1191 Wheeling Road

Wheeling, IL 60090

Phone 1-800-345-4530