PDA

View Full Version : Stank in an X5

batson34
12-15-2003, 09:52 AM
My Buddy`s wife had someone spill a milk in the back of her X5 under the front passenger seat and failed to tell her about it.

Needless to say, once the spill was found the stank had set in. They have gone to great lengths to remove it but it is still there (the odor, not the stain)

Any solutions...anyone??

endus
12-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Carpet extractor. Rent one or buy one like the Bissel Little Green. Some people have critisized the little green here but for my $90 bucks it`s the best thing that ever happened to my car`s carpeting. It`s very easy to set up which has allowed me to use it much more often, the turbo brush works great, and it`s size is absolutely perfect for doing the car.

Quickstrike
12-15-2003, 12:10 PM
You need to get something like this: http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozdoubleo.html ...

A 4 Litre jug of milk spilled in our van once (hard turn by mother, un-attended jug in the back of the car)..

Needless to say it stank! My parents very thourougly shampooed the carpet (like 3 times from what I remember).. It got rid of the stink only when the carpet was dry.. If it ever gets damp with water you can immediately smell it again.

Your best bet is to get something like in the link above, a product that contains bacteria enzymes that will actually kill the bad odors, not just spread them around and temporarily mask them.

LouisanaJeeper
12-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Only true solution will be to remove seat, pull back carpet and clean the metal floor pan and replace the carpet padding in the area. This is fairely easy to do, but it will take some time to get the stuff out of the way and reinstalled.