PDA

View Full Version : I Found A Solution ....

Gonzo
12-15-2003, 08:58 AM
I FOUND A SOLUTION TO DRIED ON POLISH SPATTER MARKS

FYI - The spatters from my Turkey weekend polishing marathon (DACP, M IP, M FP) had to this last Sunday to cure and bond - it got to the point where it was taking about 6-8 swipes with a finger nail to remove each one off the glass, let alone in the pebbled bumper & side steps. Alcohol wouldn`t touch `em. Tire Shine wouldn`t touch `em. Elbow Grease wouldn`t touch `em. A brass "tooth brush" would, but it marred the surface.

Polishing spatter marks can easily be removed using a medium stiffness tooth brush and Vinylex. This was an accidental discovery this weekend when I easily removed a couple of spatters when Vinylex-ing some seams/joints unreachable with a terry towel around the rubber/plastic passenger door window. Quick, easy and very little effort required, and as an added bonus, great looking hard and soft rubber/plastic exterior components.

I couldn`t find the Megs Heavy Duty Vinyl/Rubber cleaner recommended by Mike or Lynn at SCG Sorry it wasn`t a Meg`s product, but it worked like a dream for me.

togwt
12-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Question: How many rolls of blue painters tape are you going to buy now? LOL

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

Gonzo
12-15-2003, 10:33 AM
A case :D or two :D :D

foxtrapper
12-16-2003, 07:02 AM
Eagle A2Z wheel cleaner does a dandy job of removing it. As does Black Again vinyl dressing.

Gonzo
12-16-2003, 07:25 AM
The A2Z makes caked on brake dust fall off wheels with virtually no rubbing (I`ve done it). I would be very leery of using something that powerful for anything other than its intended purpose.

I have no experience with Black Again products

foxtrapper
12-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Gonzo,

A2Z is designed for painted and plastic trimmed wheels. So it`s threat level to body paint and trim is pretty low. I picked up the tip here from another and have been well pleased with it`s performance.

Gonzo
12-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Alrightyyyyy Then,

I just might give it a try the next time I "forget" to tape off before breaking out the big guns.