PDA

View Full Version : Some Klasse and Zaino questions

fyleow
12-13-2003, 11:13 PM
I started out using Zaino on my car and I alternated between Z2 and Z5 but I never used Z1 or ZFX so I was a little worried that the Zaino wasn`t curing properly. The results were impressive but I thought it should have been better.

So my friend gave me a bottle of Klasse Sealant Gloss and I decided to put that on. It looked a lot better but it was also a pain to buff out compared to Zaino.

Anyways I was wondering if it`s fine to stack different kinds of sealants like this? Also I want to buy the Klasse All In One, is it okay to put it on top of the current coats?

This is on a 2000 Passat (Black Magic Pearl) and 2002 Accord (Blue)

Scottwax
12-13-2003, 11:27 PM
I tried SG about a week ago and had no problems buffing it out. According to Bill North, you can remove the excess immediately with no effects on appearance or durability.

Another option is Platinum`s UPP which to me has a `richer` look than SG does.

I believe Klasse AIO may remove what layers you already have, but it is a good base for future layering.

BillNorth
12-14-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by fyleow

I started out using Zaino on my car and I alternated between Z2 and Z5 but I never used Z1 or ZFX so I was a little worried that the Zaino wasn`t curing properly. The results were impressive but I thought it should have been better.

So my friend gave me a bottle of Klasse Sealant Gloss and I decided to put that on. It looked a lot better but it was also a pain to buff out compared to Zaino.

Anyways I was wondering if it`s fine to stack different kinds of sealants like this? Also I want to buy the Klasse All In One, is it okay to put it on top of the current coats?

Your z2/z5 probably did not bond due to the lack of z1/zfx. That is most likely why you were nat taken away with results.

For klasse SG app/removal, search for my name and read about my wipe on wipe off technique. Makes wotking with SG a whole lot easier.

Yes, you can stack different sealants on top of one another. I`ve read a few posts from past and current members who have mixed sealants over top of one another with no ill effects in the looks and durability depts.

As for All In One, no, it is not ok to apply it to your curent layers of zaino and klasse. AIO will strip any layers of wax or sealant on your car. Use it ONLY if you want to start over.

Bill.

fyleow
12-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Thanks Bill I guess I will just keep the Zaino in storage until I finish using the Klasse. I tried searching for your wipe on wipe off technique and I couldn`t find it. Is it basically just removing it the instant Klasse is applied?

Thanks for all the help.

Jesstzn
12-14-2003, 10:46 PM

Here is Zaino applied Z5/Z2 with the ZFX, on -- guess what!! a Black Passat--

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12805dsc00387.jpg http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12805stang-med.jpg

BillNorth
12-14-2003, 10:46 PM

Thanks Bill I guess I will just keep the Zaino in storage until I finish using the Klasse. I tried searching for your wipe on wipe off technique and I couldn`t find it. Is it basically just removing it the instant Klasse is applied?

Thanks for all the help.

No problem, glad to help.

As for my klasse technique. Yeah, just apply it to a panel (front quarter panel, 1/3 of the hood, etc) using a terry applicatior misted with some non carnuba QD or water (helps apply it better), and then wipe it off with a quality cotton or MF towel. Move onto the next section and repeat. Apply the QD or water to the foam pad before the FIRST panel only. This is just to get the applicator wet and make the klasse more pliable. Once you do the first panel the applicator will be wet enough with SG for the rest of the car. No more water or QD is necessary.

Bill.

Jesstzn
12-14-2003, 10:56 PM
[Yes, you can stack different sealants on top of one another. I`ve read a few posts from past and current members who have mixed sealants over top of one another with no ill effects in the looks and durability depts.

Bill. [/B]

Very interesting post .. I might , if this is correct, go with Klasse SG on Zaino once my Zaino runs down.

BillNorth
12-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Very interesting post .. I might , if this is correct, go with Klasse SG on Zaino once my Zaino runs down.

I remember one person who mixed BF with Z and was very pleased to say the least. Don`t think he posts anymore. And I also remember some other who mixed and were happy. We don`t really know for sure if the second sealant applied actually bonded to the first (ex. k over z, or z over k). They seemed happy. But maybe they were still only realizing the benefits of the first sealant, with the rest all in their head??? I dunno :nixweiss . I personally believe in sticking with one system and not mixing. But if you give it a shot let us know how it goes.

Jesstzn
12-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Ok .. just changed my mind.

Scottwax
12-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

No problem, glad to help.

As for my klasse technique. Yeah, just apply it to a panel (front quarter panel, 1/3 of the hood, etc) using a terry applicatior misted with some non carnuba QD or water (helps apply it better), and then wipe it off with a quality cotton or MF towel. Move onto the next section and repeat. Apply the QD or water to the foam pad before the FIRST panel only. This is just to get the applicator wet and make the klasse more pliable. Once you do the first panel the applicator will be wet enough with SG for the rest of the car. No more water or QD is necessary.

Bill.

When I tried it, I just used one of my Meguiars foam hand applicators dry. I had no problems getting SG to easily spread nor any problems applying thin layers.

I would agree that with a terry cloth applicator that dampening it slightly with some QD would be beneficial.

imported_Greg
12-15-2003, 05:38 PM
I feel that MF apps are the best for applying SG. It soaks it up a bit, so the layers become extremely thin and therefore, easier to remove.

Scottwax
12-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Greg-foam soaks up product also and all I was doing was dabbing just a small amount into the pad. One section at a time, wipe on, wipe off, stand back and admire!

BlueDragonZ
12-16-2003, 02:37 AM
I actually had a chance to try out AIO for the first time this weekend on a 99 Sentra. The Sentra didn`t have any previous protection on it. I started with 1Z then followed with AIO. All I have to say is WOW. The application couldn`t be easier and the results are amazing.:up :up I did apply it to one panel moved on to the next one then removed the first one, worked great.:up