PDA

View Full Version : Ice on paint bad?

Robb
12-13-2003, 11:05 PM
In the past few days weve recieved about a foot of snow and ice and all that wintery mixture of stuff. My car was outside on the first day of the storm and now i have ice on the car, will it hurt if i dont remove it, i really have no way of removing it that i can think of without scratching the finish, is it better to just leave it? Its been snowing all day(hence my many posts on here) and it sucks, i hate this weather so much, thanks for any tips.

imported_chpsk8
12-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Leave it, let it melt off. Don`t risk scratching the paint. In a couple days the sun will work it`s magic. Just get the snow off so you can see... LOL

DantePasquale
12-14-2003, 09:20 PM
How amount a little water poured on it, warm, not hot!

togwt
12-15-2003, 09:52 AM
~One man’s opinion~

I’m not sure of your location, but it would seem if you pored water on to melt the ice it too would freeze. IMO I agree with chpsk8, leave well enough alone, ice shouldn’t harm your paint suface.

pwalk aren’t you clad we don`t have to worry too much about ice/snow?

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

TINTORO
12-15-2003, 01:20 PM
To avoid an icy situation try moving to Florida where the sun is always shining:)

Robb
12-15-2003, 01:25 PM
I would love to move

TINTORO
12-15-2003, 01:36 PM
To keep ice from gatherinmg on surface you could have treated you vehicle with some klasse before winter.

imported_Aurora40
12-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by TINTORO

To keep ice from gatherinmg on surface you could have treated you vehicle with some klasse before winter.

That won`t stop water from freezing...

vapore0n
12-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Klasse did make it really easier to remove snow and ice from my car. But back to topic, I think I scratched my paint more by detailing it than by removing snow and ice last year. Just dont scrape it off if its snow stuck on paint. Ice will slide, and if you use the car, it will slide while driving it, and having ice slide and hit the car, or the car behind is not a good idea.

This morning I just picked up chunks of ice from top of my car, not pushing it aside. Like 6 in of snow and ice.

Robb
12-15-2003, 02:36 PM
My car is well protected-20,26(applied every month), and the ice is still there, i havent driven it in 3 days and it has almost all melted now

00alero
12-23-2003, 11:32 PM
to be safe... just leave it. I am sure if you touch it, chances are, you`ll scratch it, and be cursing your head off.(like I would)

Or... Turn the heat up inside the car.