PDA

View Full Version : Need help on PC pads

Katt
12-12-2003, 05:01 PM
I am going to be purchasing a PC for detailing. I have been doing by hand but have decided to try to give PC a try in hope in getting a better shine.

Currently I use:

Meguire`s Show Car Glaze

Pinnacle Souveran and top with

PS21

Which pads should I use to apply the above and polish. Where is the best place to buy the PC and pads as a package.

Thanks In Advance.

Frank

imported_Aaron in Denver
12-12-2003, 05:24 PM
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/detailing/forum.php?postid=1430487&page=1

It`s a great resource for "where to start" when getting a PC.

I got my PC from Coastal Tool, then got a pad kit at Classic Motoring Accessories.

The only PC and pad packages that I have seen are overpriced.

I`ve only had mine for a couple of months, but it is definitely worth the cost. Easy to get great results. Enjoy it.

Aaron in Denver

Spilchy
12-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Great investment:xyxthumbs

The PC is sold for a good price at www.coastaltool.com

I bought mine for $114 and free shipping at amazon.com last year. That was the best I have seen it.

The best place to buy the PC backing plate and pads is at www.topoftheline.com . Their prices are excellent.

If you want to read about the PC, www.properautocare.com has some nice reading available.

You`ll want to buy the Lake Country Yellow, Orange, White and Black pads at Top Of the Line. They come in 6" or 7.5". You can read about the differences online at www.properautocare.com .

airjames
12-13-2003, 01:27 AM
fjt,

I am a PC owner, I have the 7336SP model I got from Lowe`s. They sell this model there for about $109, don`t about different areas, it may vary. At first I was skeptic about it, scratches, burn the paint, etc etc... I was wrong!! there very easy to use, make the job go quicker and you use less product which helps out in the detailing business.

You would have to do something really really out of this world stupid to mess the paint with this machine. I know I sound like some sales guy for Porter Cable saying just how great it is, lol j/k

:p

Both Spichy and Aaron gave the best links for info about the PC and info on it`s pads, backplates, accessories etc etc...

As far as what pads to use with what products you mentioned. I also have Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze. Good product great shine, can be tempermental to remove if your technique isn`t right. There is a thread in the hall of fame forum here at Autopia, it`s Called #7 by Mike Phillips or something along those lines. David Bynon is the town mayor here but Mike Phillips is a bigtime detailer and works for Meguiars, Mike originally wrote that thread, very informative.

Pads, IMO, with #7 you have 2 choices here. You can use a foam polishing pad or a foam finishing pad. It`s best to match the agressiveness of your product with the pad. Say if your using #7, #7 has no cleaning action, hence the name, show car GLAZE. DACP, you could use with either a polishing pad or a cutting pad. A polishing pad will be the mose versitle pad in your line, correct me if I`m wrong here.

I usually apply paste waxes by hand, and save the liquids for machine applications if need be. Hope this helps,,,,,,91

madazskunk
12-13-2003, 01:59 AM
You top souveran with p21s or am I reading it wrong.

Katt
12-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all your help.

Yes madazshunk. I top souveran with p21 for durabilty and it gives great depth.