PDA

View Full Version : Can I get Mothers clay without the kit?

blackmagicgti
12-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Last time I clayed, I took someone`s suggestion to just wash it and then after its clean, make up new washing water (shampoo+water) to use as lubricant and it worked very well and for much cheaper.

Is there any way I can get the mothers clay (which I liked a lot) without the kit?

Or what is a comparable clay that I can buy separately?

Thanks!

2wheelsx2
12-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Contact Forrest. He gave me an address to contact Mother`s directly to get 3 packs of clay without the lube. I didn`t take it up on it, because the shipping to Canada was prohibitive.

togwt
12-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Quote: Or what is comparable clay that I can buy separately?

~One man’s opinion~

I use Clay Magic (Blue-Mild, Red-Medium aggressive) plus the Water/Soap lubricant.

I tried the Mothers Clay, not for me

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

stevet
12-12-2003, 02:45 PM
blackmagicgti,

You can get the Mothers Clay bar without the kit at waxstation.com. It is a jar with 3 x 80grm bars in it for $20.93. The part # is 07243. You can also buy the jar from Mothers web site but it doesn`t list it there, phone the customer service number and give them the part # and they will give you a price. Last time I did this Mothers price was $27.00, waxstation.com is your best bet. I haven`t found this jar any place else.

forrest@mothers
12-12-2003, 05:06 PM
waxstation.com is your best bet. They`ll sell it to you cheaper than we will.

Inzane
12-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by stevet

You can get the Mothers Clay bar without the kit at waxstation.com. It is a jar with 3 x 80grm bars in it for $20.93. The part # is 07243. You can also buy the jar from Mothers web site but it doesn`t list it there, phone the customer service number and give them the part # and they will give you a price. Last time I did this Mothers price was $27.00, waxstation.com is your best bet. I haven`t found this jar any place else.

You wouldn`t happen to have found a Canadian source by any chance?

stevet
12-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Inzane,

No I haven`t found a Canadian source for the jar. I have only found the kit in Canada.

blackmagicgti
12-13-2003, 12:04 AM
This is why this site is awesome! Thanks a lot guys I do appreciate it!

Inzane
12-13-2003, 12:08 AM

I have only found the kit in Canada.

Yup, me too. And I don`t really want to buy another "kit". I`d like to pick up more than one replacement bar, I don`t necessarily want to continue using Mother`s Showtime QD (not that its bad, but I might explore the carsoap option), and I don`t need another 4oz bottle of Mother`s cleaner wax that I`ll never use. :doh

Maybe I`ll look for some Claymagic bars or order some Meg`s Overspray clay. I hate the lack of availability of many products and brands locally here. :down

stevet
12-13-2003, 03:20 AM
Inzane,

Try the 3M bar. IMO it is exactly the same bar as the blue Clay Magic bar. I have used both and they look, feel, smell, and perform exactly the same. You should be able to find it at a body shop supply store that sells 3M products. If they don`t have it in stock they can order it for you. It is a 200 grm bar, part# 38070.

My favorite is the Mothers Clay Bar.

imported_edschwab1
12-13-2003, 04:43 PM

Inzane,

Try the 3M bar. IMO it is exactly the same bar as the blue Clay Magic bar. I have used both and they look, feel, smell, and perform exactly the same. You should be able to find it at a body shop supply store that sells 3M products. If they don`t have it in stock they can order it for you. It is a 200 grm bar, part# 38070.

My favorite is the Mothers Clay Bar.

I read someplace the 3M bar is made by Clay Magic.

Eric

stevet
12-13-2003, 06:52 PM
edschwab1,

I don`t know if Clay Magic makes the 3M bar or if 3M makes the Clay Magic bar, what I do know is I can`t tell them apart. Has anybody else noticed this.

imported_FLAWLESS
12-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey Mike, Premier Paints out here by me sells Malco clay separately. I`ve used Mothers and didn`t like it very much. The Malco medium cut clay is very good and what I`m sticking with. When you come out here to get your backing plate for your PC you should pick up a bar, you`ll like it alot.