PDA

View Full Version : Yellow paint with a wax topper!!

grt1today
12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Hello Autopians, as some of you know I`m going to be putting a souveran topper over the klasse twins or zaino. At first I thought it was a slam dunk for klasse, but after spending more time on here i`m not as sure. I already have the souveran kit so that`s set in stone, but I don`t have the zaino or klasse twins yet. So I`m asking all you great detailers which system would you use underneath the souveran for the best look. The car color is millenium yellow and all surface prep etc. will be done before either goes on. So all things being equal there, which one would you chose and why? Everyone please chime in, especially people who have tried both... Thanks in advance JB:)

LouisanaJeeper
12-11-2003, 07:22 PM
I have both and I still perfer Zaino better thn Klasse. The Z is more reflective, slicker, easier to apply..but the Klasse has a touch more depth. This is on a white and on a platinum car FYI.

SuperBuick
12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
I prefer Klasse on Yellow. Yellow + Zaino, for me, looks like saran wrap.

-Tom

hondaguy2582
12-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Another vote for klasse!!!!!

DantePasquale
12-11-2003, 07:45 PM
I would go with Klasse. Easier to apply than Zaino. Topped with Souveran, it looks great on my cars (both are dark green).

You may want to try both, side by side, just to compare. Your car, your choice.

Don`t think you can go wrong either way!!

NozeBleedSpeed
12-11-2003, 08:46 PM
I cant offer advice on the Z, but I love the Klasse twins, especially when I can put down 3+ coats, because it really gives great returns with added layers. I will offer that I have found that bright yellows(not the the yellow brown undertone) seem to benefit in appearance when you prep and finish them like you would a very dark color. Ive only done 3 yellows. I dont know what tone the millenium yellow is so its your own judgement. I made the mistake of choosing products for light colors on my first yellows. My third shot at yellow I went with Menzerna Polish and topped with Souveran as a fluke experiment. It was warmer with a deeper jetting than it was with SG and P21s and looked much better. Its all subjective really. JMHO.

Raven
12-11-2003, 09:20 PM
I`m still a newbie but after using Klasse with P21s my vote would be for Klasse!

Scottwax
12-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I`d go with Klasse also, at least based on my initial impression after using it on a black 740, my burgandy Accord, a black LX470 and a burgandy Corvette. AIO is a peice of cake to use and really brightens the look of the paint (especially on the black LX I did). SG was pretty easy to use also.

Another option would be to use Platinum`s UPP over AIO. It seems to have a wetter look to me than SG does and it is unbelievably slick. After using AIO and UPP on the black LX470, the owner couldn`t keep from running her hands over the paint and commenting on the slickness.