PDA

View Full Version : Help me Dubug my Windshield Haze

pingable
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Haven`t done this yet....but will tomorrow . Take 2000 Grit Sandpaper and wipe/clean my windshield blades.

Whenever I use the wiper blades, the windshield gets real hazy. Not wiper chatter, etc (car is only 8 months old). Just reapplied Aquapel 3 weeks ago (this may be the cause also).

With the snow, salt, etc and the mist........been using the wipers quite often with the factory fluid and P21S Windshield Washer Boost. Don`t know what gives.....

jimmybuffit
12-10-2003, 07:47 PM
I`d use `something` to thoroughly clean the window. Think about buffing AIO, and then a couple coats of SG - worked for me.

New blades!

Jim

Redcar GUY
12-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jimamary

I`d use `something` to thoroughly clean the window. Think about buffing AIO, and then a couple coats of SG - worked for me.

New blades!

Just like he said, clean it realllllly well then get some new blades

chris0626
12-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Before you go at it with AIO, have you tried clay? Most of the time, clay does it for me. Then AIO/SG or Zaino is the "icing on the cake" -- adds even more slickness -- but I think it`s the clay that really does the cleaning.

imported_Greg
12-10-2003, 08:56 PM
How well does SG bead/sheet water on windows/glass? I use Aquapel, but it is a pain to find and it is rather expensive. If AIO and SG work, that would be a good alternative as well as a good upsell for customers.

imported_edschwab1
12-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Clean windows with window cleaner, Clay, then #0000 steelwool and widowcleaner aslubricate for both clay and steelwool.

Also, buy new wipers.

Eric

Jesstzn
12-10-2003, 10:10 PM
The haze also may be the salt replacement chemical they use onthe roads now .. It seems to react oddly with some windshield washer fluids especially the glycol ones.