PDA

View Full Version : Graphite Dust Gunk

Jim Bennett
12-09-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi all - I`ve been lurking here for several months, trying to take in as much as possible. This site is great!!!

Anyway, now I`ve got a question... Just took possession of a new Volvo XC90 four weeks ago. Gave it the full Zaino treatment on day two (can`t we stop this rainy weather?!?!?) OK, so now I`m doing the wash thing, but, isn`t there something I can spray on those wheels to get that @&$#% graphite crud off? My Zaino car wash takes it off, but does require the full manual treatment on each spoke. :( Is there a product that can be sprayed on / hosed off to help with this annoyance?

Sci-Fi
12-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Only thing I can suggest is to do what many others have done and change your brake pads to ceramic pads. Like Raybestos® Quiet Stop, KVR Performance, Performance Friction Silent Ceramic®, NAPA Ceramix, etc. or low dust pads like EBC Greenstuff, Mintex, etc. Ceramic pads are usually low dust and IMHO, most new cars are equipped with pads/shoes that are too soft and wear out too quickly (before 20k).

If anyone is interested, here is an evaluation of different brake pads for Police Patrol Vehicles: http://www.nlectc.org/pdffiles/brakepads_epr2000.pdf