PDA

View Full Version : GEPC and 1Z glanz wax

Pisadong
12-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Just spent the last couple of days soaking up some info from this place. The amount of knowledge is pretty amazing here. I`ve been looking to get some better, easier to use detailing products than the 3M stuff I`ve been using, and would like you guys` opinion on the following routine:

1Z PP

GEPC

1Z Glanz Wax

This is for a 4 month old Steel Grey Mazda 6s that is in good shape, with a few minor swirls. I figured the 1Z PP would take care of those, but I wanted something a little finer to really smooth things out and deepen the gloss, hence the GEPC. My question is if GECP is ok to use before the 1Z glanz wax. Any bonding problems? Is it even worth the trouble to use the GEPC, or would I be fine just going from the PP to the Glanz Wax? I`ll be buffing off by hand with MF towels, but was curious what kind of applicator to use. I`m thinking foam for the PP and GEPC and a MF applicator for the Glanz.

Thanks for any insight guys!

Turbonator
12-09-2003, 06:45 PM
i think you will be just fine with 1z PP and then the GW. since the car is only a few months old, i`d clay it, use the 1z PP, and then slap a coat of GW on there and walk away with a smile on your face. seriously, i don`t think you`ll need the GEPC - think it`d be a just an unnecessary step. i know you`ll love the 1z PP and GW; especially how long the GW lasts. if you want to slap another coat of GW on for good measure - wait a week. i know everyone says you can`t layer it, but in my own personal experiences the 2nd coat of GW one week later removes much easier than the 1st and it looks great. whether it layers or not i don`t know and i don`t care - i think most of that is all in the mind anyway. besides, i don`t recall 1z stating that you can`t layer the GW, they just don`t see why it would be necessary - and i agree. however, i have added another coat of GW one week later before on my own vehicles.

Pisadong
12-10-2003, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was kinda thinking the same thing with regards to going straight to the GW from the PP. Extra work aside though, does anyone think that I might gain even a little from using GEPC as an imtermediate step? I figured on using the PP this first time after claying, but the on subsquent rewaxes to go with the milder GEPC along with the GW.

Any input on the best applicator would be great too. I`ve been reading a bit more and it seems that I should be using a MF or terry applicator for the PP, foam for the GW. Does this seem right? If I do decide to throw the GEPC in this mix, should I go with foam or MF? Thanks again guys!

Mantic6t9
12-10-2003, 01:20 AM
With the ligher color of your car you might be able to go from the PP to the GW. I used the PP on my red m3 and topped it with s100 carnuba. It looked pretty good but i thought it could be better. I debated on what i wanted to do and what product to try. I decided on menserna FP and used it after the PP and again toped it with s100 carnuba and it gave it more depth and shine. I definaly think it was worth it. It made the paint pop.

Pisadong
12-10-2003, 01:25 AM
The Mazda Steel Grey is actually pretty dark, so that`s why I was thinking the GEPC would help. Time permitting I`ll probably try to clay, PP, GEPC then GW the car. If I get lazy, or if my arms are going to fall off I`ll skip the GEPC till next time. :LOLOL

SamIam
12-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Use the Metallic Polish. I don`t think it would be neccessary, but try it if you want something finer.

SamIam