PDA

View Full Version : Final Detail?? and some questions.

Reflector
12-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Hello everybody.

okay, I have used Quick Detail and Final Inspection for ever. I am really happy with the way Final Inspection cleans up and makes the shine better. But I have been reading about some people talking about Final Detail?

I tried a search on Meguiars website and found only the quick detial and final inspection and no other spray based wax/polish cleaners etc.

Okay, now to my second question.

I recently washed my car with dish soap, then applied Meg DACP and then #26 liquid wax and FI at the finish, the shine is very nice. Every couple of weeks I add a coat of #26.

Now I have #7 and would like to apply it. now from doing a search I read Mikes post and adding #7 over #26 is not a problem and it will enhance the gloss. but it will only last a few days since their is no wax on top.

Do I have to wash the car again and apply #7 then #26. Or can I just add #7 now and then add another layer #26 on top of #7. will it be okay or is this the wrong way of doing it?

thank you, l8r.

DCT
12-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Yep, you won`t find the Final Detail on the Meguiar`s site............. yet! That may change in the future. Anyhow, you can get the Final Deail at Premium Auto Care, along with many other Meguiar`s Detailer Series products.

Putting the #7 over #26, and then adding another coat of #26 won`t hurt at all. I wouldn`t wash again with the dish soap. I`d use your normal car wash, then apply your #7, and then another coat of #26.

Reflector
12-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by White_F150

Yep, you won`t find the Final Detail on the Meguiar`s site............. yet! That may change in the future. Anyhow, you can get the Final Deail at Premium Auto Care, along with many other Meguiar`s Detailer Series products.

Putting the #7 over #26, and then adding another coat of #26 won`t hurt at all. I wouldn`t wash again with the dish soap. I`d use your normal car wash, then apply your #7, and then another coat of #26.

Thanks alot.

Is the Final Detail part of the NXT line???

also how does it compare to the FI in Gloss/Shine?

through my use i realized that the QD gives the clean shiny look, while the FI is more of a Glossy look. I personaly like FI better.

DCT
12-07-2003, 02:45 PM
You are certainly welcome!

No, the Final Detail is not part of the NXT line, it is part of the Detailer Series. The NXT line will have it`s own QD.

The FD is glossier than the FI. Keep in mind, that the FD has silicones............. the FI doesn`t. The FI is a nice product for the exact use that you describled............ cleaning.

If you like "glossy", you`ll love FD........... and at $17 a GALLON, you`ll probably love it even more!

imported_Greg
12-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Do a search for Final Detail, many threads will come up with the whole story behind it and how you can get it. You can pretty much do whatever you would like regarding the 26 and 7. Since the 26 is liquid, it is going to have a bit more solvent content that could possibly negate some of the #7 deep gloss, but then you can put 26 right on top of the 7.

iamwashmania
12-07-2003, 05:12 PM
I would recommend my customer for the best result which is

Clay work + #7 with DA Machine + MPPP with DA Machine + Final Detailed...

or can use

Clay work + #7 with DA Machine + #26 with DA Machine + Final Detailed...

iamwashmania
12-07-2003, 05:16 PM
With this picture, my worker is applying MPPP with DA machine.

I just got this DA worked very well and fast.. my work finished in very short time about 40 minutes.

iamwashmania
12-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Finishing with Final Detailed and wipe it off with Utimate wipe from MG

GoodnClean
12-07-2003, 05:55 PM
If I may suggest maybe you look into #81 Hand Polish instead of the #7. I used to use #7 and find the #81 to be much easier to work with and you get as good or better results. Both are cleaner-less and can be applied over your #26. If you`ve already got #7 then by all means use it, but if you havent bought it yet you might want to look at #81 too ;)

Reflector
12-08-2003, 05:31 AM
yeah I already have #7 with me now, I`ll keep #81 in my mind for later. I like trying new things.

I would really like to try the NXT line and the FD.

were can I get the FD for now?

Whats a DA machine?

imported_Greg
12-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Local meguiars pro supplies. Go to megs website and do a dealer search.

hondaguy2582
12-08-2003, 01:15 PM
another vote for #81 hand polish. Puts #7 to shame. #7 looks really good on base coats though!!!!!!

imported_Macgirl
12-08-2003, 01:31 PM
If you can`t find a Meg`s dealer then here is a link for Final Detail: http://www.premiumautocare.com/medefide.html

Reflector
12-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Macgirl

If you can`t find a Meg`s dealer then here is a link for Final Detail: http://www.premiumautocare.com/medefide.html

thanks for the link.

hondaguy2582, what do you mean by #7 being better for base coats? what is base coats?

do you think it will be a better application in my case, I want a deeper gloss look if thats possible. not the shiney look.

my car is silver by the way.

Inzane
12-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Reflector

hondaguy2582, what do you mean by #7 being better for base coats? what is base coats?

He meant single-stage paint (ie. no clearcoat). #7 is supposedly better for single-stage paint, #81 is better for basecoat/clearcoat paint.

I`m in a similar dilemma. I have almost a full bottle of #7 AND Deep Crystal Step 2 polish. Do I continue using those, or buy a 32oz bottle of #81... ?? D`oh! :nixweiss