PDA

View Full Version : Zymol

mrbean
12-07-2003, 02:08 AM
I haven been browsing this site for couple months but i didn;t see much of the brand " Zymol " came up ?

Can ppl tell me it`s wax , any pro and con ??

Thanx

TortoiseAWD
12-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Here`s a link to a search on threads that have "zymol" in the title (BTW, the link to search is in the upper right hand corner of the page); it returned 97 threads. I think you may be reading for a while :D

http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=202758&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Tort

Magellan498
12-07-2003, 08:52 AM
ZymÃl wax isn`t anything special and definately not worth the $50 pricetag. It smells great (best detailing product as far as smell) but smears like a mo fo. Not the product you want to put on after hand polishing a car, thats for sure. Shine and depth were mediocre at best.

armoredsaint
12-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Magellan is exactly right about it smearing and streaking, I`ve used it for the past 8 years (Carbon, Creme, Japon and Volvo) because I didn`t know any better and assuming it`s expensive, it has to be good right...wrong. Until I discover the P21S line, simply awesome except for the wheel cleaner :D

SuperBuick
12-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Odd....

When applied like the directions say, I`ve never had any smearing of my zymol, and it almost always looks deeper and glossier than my p21s. Perhaps you are putting on the product too thick, or allowing it to dry, or not using microfiber? Try a spritz of water mist and a pass with a MF after you`ve wiped the wax off - you`ll be surprised.

I`ve had great results from the zymol products I have (particularly their wheel cleaner - I`ve yet to use another that comes even close).

-Tom

Jngrbrdman
12-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Vintage looks pretty sharp, but its just too fragile. I`ll use it for a show but it has to be applied the day of the show pretty much because there is no telling how long it will last. Usually about 2 weeks from my testing. Definitely not worth the $1500 price tag even if you do get lifetime refills on it.

bimmerzhp
12-07-2003, 08:14 PM
I agree with superbuick. I haved used Destiny and followed the directions as stated and have had great results. I have switched to S100 because the more I thought about the price compared to S100 you would have to be crazy not to use S100. The results are also outstanding. I still on occassion will use Destiny.

SuperBuick
12-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Price-wise, I can understand the criticism, but performance-wise, certainly not. Like bimmer330 said, the price can be an obstacle. though maybe 3x as much, zymol isn`t 3x better. But its certainly, for me, got that little extra "edge" in terms of depth and gloss.

-Tom

Magellan498
12-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Well I can`t comment on those other ZymÃl waxes, but from my experience Carbon isn`t great. I had streaking issues no matter how I applied/removed it. Maybe it was the humidity here in Texas, or something else.

Just an observation. If you get the ZymÃl paste waxes to work for you, have at it. More power to ya!

togwt
12-08-2003, 12:09 PM
~One man’s opinion~

I’ve used (since ‘60s) Autoglym topped with Zymol Concourse Wax on the Jags (both mine and my Fathers) never had a problem (England (damp) or Florida (heat / humidity)

PS: Why you don’t read much on Zymol, ‘cause is not “Wax de Jour†P21S, a great product incidentally, is

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

armoredsaint
12-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Wow, since the 60`s! My parents where still under 12 :D But seriously, I am sure you have seen so much changes and advances in detailing, eh!

togwt
12-08-2003, 02:10 PM
~One man’s opinion~

I have always tried to learn from other people, and keep an open mind on new ideas, new products and new techniques.

I’ve tried most products, some good, some bad, some brands work better on different paints and /or colours. It really does all come down to; 90% preparation, 5% product and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder.

Find what YOU like and use it often.

armoredsaint
12-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey TOGWT, have you heard of NBBJ since your an Architect, I`m just a few miles from them? I was an Architect major in college for 2 months, then switched over to Industrial Design, then MBA/Marketing, now in Pharmaceutical Sales! I still have the love of modern/wacked-out buildings!

togwt
12-08-2003, 02:43 PM
NBBJ did a really excellent building at Ohio State University if memory serves. I studied Architectural Engineering (entails the building and the services Plumbing, HVAC, etc. Everything but structural) Right now I’m working for NAVAIR designing the ergonomics of fighter plane cockpit layouts (a long, long way from building design, but it’s good to be versatile LOL).

krwaxbz
12-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Zymol wax , no it will not last a long time , but it is the Merl Norman of wax in the automobile cosmetic industry. I have got great results with Carbon to Vintage the cars look great and black is scary.

Krwaxbz