PDA

View Full Version : Hazing on windshield (new car)... dash evaporate buildup maybe?

brokentelephone
12-06-2003, 05:59 AM
My windshield has got lots of buildup. How to remove this stuff?

Thanks ,

Josh.

TurboCat
12-06-2003, 07:11 AM
I like using a microfiber towel made for cleaning glass. Sometimes it comes off with just rubbing the glass towel on it, or sometimes I dampen it slightly.

I got my glass cleaning mf towels from JT International, although I am sure Pak Shak, etc carry them too.

It`s a good idea to vent your windows slightly (when it`s parked in your garage, for example) in order for the fumes to escape. It probably helps to lessen the amount of buildup a little too.

imported_BretFraz
12-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Its called "offgassing" and its the release of fumes trapped in the molded plastic parts of your interior. This effect will lessen with time, be patient.

The suggestion of using a damp, clean microfiber towel to wipe down windows is excellent. You should use one dedicated towel and keep it in the car at all times. A little bit of water is all you will need as a "cleaner"; keep a small spray bottle filled with water in the car.

everner
12-06-2003, 08:00 AM
And if you really want to get fussy, fill your small bottle with distilled water.

Pats300zx
12-06-2003, 08:14 AM
I had the same problem on a new car that I got this week from work. The interior windshield was stained horribly. Used some Stoners IG and a good MF and it cleaned up perfect.

imported_ajbarnes
12-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

I had the same problem on a new car that I got this week from work. The interior windshield was stained horribly. Used some Stoners IG and a good MF and it cleaned up perfect.

I second that idea!:xyxthumbs

Jesstzn
12-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by bretfraz

Its called "offgassing" and its the release of fumes trapped in the molded plastic parts of your interior. This effect will lessen with time, be patient.

The suggestion of using a damp, clean microfiber towel to wipe down windows is excellent. You should use one dedicated towel and keep it in the car at all times. A little bit of water is all you will need as a "cleaner"; keep a small spray bottle filled with water in the car.

^^^ this is exactly what I do .. damp followed by dry MF and keep it a dedicated towel. Car is over a year old now and I washed the windows inside *once* with a cleaner.. Water / MF since.