PDA

View Full Version : P21S restorer/Polish gave me swirls

clifftonhanger
12-06-2003, 03:41 AM
I`m sure it`s user error, but when I applied the P21s restorer in small circular movements , when I buffed it off it left marks in the same exact pattern of my application movements. How am I supposed to use this? I have light spyder webbing all over the car and was simply trying to get rid of it prior to using my ultimate shine kit. Now the swirls are worse. I stopped after the first section so it`s not that bad, but I`m a little nervous about moving forward. I used clean mf rags to apply and remove. Any advise would be appreciated.

Brent

bigpoppa
12-06-2003, 07:00 AM
I`ve never used the P21s restorer, but more often than not I find it is the applicator and/or removal of the product that causes any swirling. Since you say the marks follow your application pattern, that`s what I would focus on. It could also be that you still have to find that line between not working the P21s polish enough to break it down and working it too long.

Jesstzn
12-06-2003, 11:25 AM
What are you applying/removing it with?

bjwebster
12-06-2003, 11:27 AM
I assume your talking about the polish in the little metal tube (P21S® Multi-surface Finish Restorer)? If so, I have tried it once on paint and never again, it left a nice hazy area that I had to deal with. I find it works great on metal, but not so much on paint. ymmv

clifftonhanger
12-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I used MF applicators. one to apply and one to remove. the area looks hazy and swirly. What do I do? What do you prefer as a swirl remover?