PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Bumper Care

mrbean
12-05-2003, 03:22 AM
Just curious if anyone on this board here had tried this product. on the description here on autopia saying it will remove wax residue on the trim , just wanna see if anyone have any experience with this product

:nixweiss

AndyC
12-05-2003, 03:40 AM
I`ve used it a while back (pre-Autopia) and I recall it seemed very greasy and oily BUT I probably used way too much and didn`t buff off the residue. As I have big probs with stained trim I`m gonna stock up this weekend and see whether Autopia knowledge has made a difference.

AG`s a big favourite over here and I`m sure a lot of other UK Autopians will be able to gibe you some pointers too.

K_Csaxo
12-05-2003, 07:06 AM
agreed with AndyC on the greasy side of bumper care but still a decent product IMO. for he part of removing wax residue on plastic trim, a very effective method which my friend told me was to get a little engine oil onto a clean cloth and wipe it off. the stain comes straight with very little effort, other methods include peanut butter but you decide whats readily available at the time, i personally dont have a jar of the stuff in the store room :D

Ryan328is
12-05-2003, 08:24 AM
I use AG bumper care and have no complaint`s about it.

It`s another case of less is more. The less you use the better long term finish you get and also no grease marks after it rains.

Lasts for week`s, not days.:up

AndyC
12-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks Ryan - will try it again and not go mad with quantity of product.

Ryan328is
12-05-2003, 08:35 AM
No problem Andy, The first time I used it I was left with vertical lines under my trim after it rained because I used so much, lol!

Ryan

AndyC
12-05-2003, 08:43 AM
Same here - and I`d used it on window trims, around mirrors - just about everywhere. Car looked like it was camoflauged or something.

Ryan328is
12-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Give the trim a wipe with a clean cloth about 20 min`s after you apply it, this removes all excess gel and also leaves the trim a nice matt black.

AndyC
12-05-2003, 09:02 AM
This is one of the great things about Autopia - you get to use old friends like AG bumper care again, but properly this time!

togwt
12-05-2003, 10:59 AM
~One man’s opinion~

Autoglym Bumper Care:

Apply a small amount of product and then remove with a clean/ soft cloth

The ‘Less is better’ thing is as previously stated very important

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~

Lowejackson
12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Leave it to soak for about 15 -20 minutes before buffing. For exterior plastic, I think the Autoglym lasts the longest of any product I have tried.