PDA

View Full Version : Still undecided on Poorboy`s EX

imported_NHBFAN
12-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Out of all of the products I`ve used in the last year (and there`s been quite a few) EX is the hardest to get a handle on.

It`s gives a different look than most everything else I`ve tried.

Pros:

Easy to apply and buffs off very easily

can by used in the sun

"deep" look

Cons:

leaves residue if you`re not extremely careful

not as reflective as some products

I`ve used EX a couple of times this year and still don`t know how to rate it.

Perhaps if I tried a whole Poorboy`s combo, e.g. Pro polish, EX and QD+ it would give me a different outlook on EX.

Scottwax
12-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Try the Polish w/Carnauba and EX. That seems to give me the best results...but VM and EX look real good and so does the PwC and Carnauba Moose.

imported_kgb
12-05-2003, 09:24 AM
I have never had the EX leave any residue and that is all I ever use. And i agree with Scott. Try the Polish with Carnuba first then top with EX.

andriver
12-05-2003, 10:31 AM
I have not experienced any streaking. I applied EX in high humidity with good results. The combo is used was VM & EX.

imported_NHBFAN
12-05-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Try the Polish w/Carnauba and EX. That seems to give me the best results...but VM and EX look real good and so does the PwC and Carnauba Moose.

Have you tried their Pro Polish?

Wondering how that compares to PwC.

DCT
12-05-2003, 01:12 PM
PWC, followed by EX, followed by Poorboy`s new pure carnauba - Natty`s Wax, works "REAL" nice for me!

GoodnClean
12-05-2003, 07:08 PM
I also have never experienced any streaking or residue. How many coats are you applying? It takes two to get the full look out of EX.

Scottwax
12-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Have you tried their Pro Polish?

Wondering how that compares to PwC.

:nixweiss My understanding is they are essentially the same other than the carnauba content. Maybe Steve will see this thread and clarify it.

PwC has a very bright look to me. Anyone else?

Poorboy
12-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Heard your call:lol

They are totally different products...

Professional Polish is about as pure a polish as you can get. It is body shop safe, contains no wax or silicone. It can be used on paint, glass, plexi-glass, metals, platings(chrome), as well as on most non-porus surfaces. It can be used to remove wet sanding marks as well as swirls and contaminates in a finish. This product offers no protection, but leaves a super clean surface with no fillers.

Polish w/ Carnuba other the other hand is an AIO product that has its own formula and versatility. It does contain carnuba wax and polymers as well as a patented UV absorber. This product can do limited cleaning and scratch removal, is very very forgiving for the non-professional and can also be used as a glaze for filling.

Where they both are the same is the ability to be used in the sun on hot surfaces, both have very flexible usage on many surfaces, and both are great for setting up other products and are easily topped.

I hope this helped and cleared up the differences:)

Scottwax
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Steve-thanks for the clarification.

BTW, can you tell which side I used PwC on?

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1099faded_jeep_before.jpg

Worked very well using a terry cloth towel for application for the first pass and a foam hand pad for the second pass.

Poorboy
12-05-2003, 09:43 PM
:lol Scott :D

It`s great to know that there are still others who can get great results by hand. I think you will still do a lot of your wrk by hand even after you get your PC. ;) :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
12-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy

:lol Scott :D

It`s great to know that there are still others who can get great results by hand. I think you will still do a lot of your wrk by hand even after you get your PC. ;) :xyxthumbs

True, probably just use a PC when using DACP, Swirl Free or SSR1 & 2. Glazing and waxing most likely by hand.

imported_NHBFAN
12-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Scottwax is getting a PC?

Who will I use as the ultimate bench mark for hand applications?

Scottwax
12-05-2003, 11:39 PM
NHBFAN-newer paints are a lot harder than when I started detailing in the early 90`s.