PDA

View Full Version : Does Zaino cross-link to your paint?

Bruce
12-04-2003, 05:12 PM
I’ve seen a number of posts where it is stated, almost as a given, that Zaino bonds to the paint surface by cross-linking. Zaino says on its web site that “Z-1 Polish Lok™ creates…a flat molecular bond between paint and polish…” (No such statement for ZFX). Can this be true?

A “molecular bond” would be either a covalent (cross-linked) or ionic bond which to me would mean a chemical reaction resulting in a sharing of electrons between paint molecules and Zaino polymers. This would create new polymers which would be different in character from either its paint or Zaino parents. I’m having trouble accepting that.

What I can believe is that the Zaino polymers cross-link to each other during curing, resulting in a solid, durable protective layer, possibly the best available. It goes on as a liquid, so maybe it works its way into the microscopic gaps and valleys of the paint surface. When it hardens during the curing process (cross-linking), it could be locked into the paint by, well, friction. This makes sense to me, but this is not a molecular bond or cross-linking between Zaino and paint.

So…if Zaino does not form a chemical bond with the paint surface, and I don’t need faster curing time, why can’t I get my surface squeaky clean with Klasse AIO and then go directly to Z2 or Z5 without bothering with Z1, ZFX or the Dawn wash?

imported_memnuts
12-05-2003, 09:09 AM
You might want to call Sal on this question. Everyone else`s response would only be conjecture. :wavey

Jesstzn
12-05-2003, 11:13 AM
I have no idea what Bruce said but so far its the only thing that made sense. Anyone else have comments? I am a skeptic and a Zaino user .

bigpoppa
12-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

You might want to call Sal on this question. Everyone else`s response would only be conjecture. :wavey

Please share the answer if you do speak with Sal, I`d like to know.

JustinR32
12-05-2003, 09:01 PM
It links through the Van der Waal force.

Tom