PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen overspray like this before?

MnRiverman
12-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Got the car back from WagonWork Collision here in Alexandria VA, and overall I can`t justify the price that was paid for this work. Paint quality is excellent, they charged 7 hours to get out a dent in the door that the insurance gave 4 hours for (it wasn`t even that bad of a dent, and they were being generous with 4 hours), and then an extra $100 in prep fee`s that the insurance didn`t cover either.

My out of pocket expense was an extra $270. They also charged $38 to wash the car, and all they managed to do was put in a few more swirls. It`s a little upsetting for a body shop that is I-Car Gold Class and supposed to be one of the best.

What really gets me is that they charged $70 to mask off the door jambs, which I thoguht "Great, those should be masked anyway" and yet there was overspray in both the front and rear door jambs I had to remove. What is even weirder, is on the opposite side that they painted, there is overspray on the door glass and side view mirror. I`m wondering if they even bothered to wrap the whole car and just charged me for it instead.

However, I can`t get this overspray off though, I haven`t seen anything like this before. It`s almost holographic at certain angles depending on the light. At first I thought it was adhesive residue, but it definitely isn`t.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerofile/942/AdhesiveResidue.jpg

What do you guys think? The shop said they would take care of it when I called and told them they should be embarassed that they let this happen, but it`s 30 miles away. I need some work done on the hood of that car, and I`m not sure I`m going to take it back there..

Anyway... thanks.

- Anthony

imported_kgb
12-04-2003, 04:22 PM
They can clay that out probably.

Jesstzn
12-04-2003, 05:04 PM
By the "foot print" left there especially on the bumper ot looks like a rag or maybe plastic with something on it "chemical" was allowed to rest on the area and maybe attacked the clear? Something strong in Toluene or Xylene? Just guessing. Maybe a prep rag with some sort of wipedown fluid on it sat there. I think I`d chat with the paint shop. And to me .. the additional charges .. should be a no no .. Up here all jobs are quoted and if they are under or over .. the agreed price is paid. I hope you knew about these additional charges up front.

armoredsaint
12-04-2003, 05:32 PM
will all those paint chips, get it repainted! And the colors don`t match!