PDA

View Full Version : Rain-X, Aquapel and etc...

armoredsaint
12-04-2003, 10:35 AM
I have been using Rain-x for over 10 years since high school, is there a better alternative. I heard about Aquapel, but is that from the dealer only? Thanks

beastie
12-04-2003, 11:04 AM
I used to use RainX but I could`t stand the glare that I get in certain lighting conditions. I use Klasse AIO on my glass surfaces and I get a similar rain shedding effect with greatly reduced glare. AIO is not meant specifically to give the RainX effect but it does a very good job. I still have to determine if it`s as good as RainX in making frost removal easier.

I have not applied RainX on my car for over 2 1/2 years.

Jngrbrdman
12-04-2003, 11:40 AM
You can find Aquapel online sometimes. Its kind of expensive compared to RainX, but people say they like it better. If you use RainX right then there shouldn`t be a problem. I`ve been using it for 7 or 8 years now I think. I just apply it before I wash the car and then make sure I wash down the windshield really well with the mitt. That takes care of all the glare and smearing. I`ve never had a problem with it.

Bill D
12-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Aquapel :up

imported_Greg
12-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Second vote for Aquapel. Used both, Aquapel for life. Try Ebay or do a search. Some websites sell it for ~$10/app which is good for probably a year.

volvostud
12-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Aquapel is great stuff. Easy to apply and it works! I had to buy it on ebay, but that was no problem. I did have problems with chattering blades at first (in drizzly conditions), but it went away after a little while.

gusman
12-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Glare problems with RainX? I`ve found that a dampened sueded microfiber does extremely well when buffing RainX after its application. Haven`t any streaking or glare problems.

armoredsaint
12-05-2003, 03:39 PM
I can honestly say I never had glare or residue problems with Rain-x, just not lasting as long as I would like, but the rain beading when driving at high speeds is nice!

beastie
12-06-2003, 11:58 AM
RainX was a pre-Autopia product for me. I was not using mf towels at the time. But yes, glare was the main reason I quit using it.

elcopan
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
What about the Rain X interior product. How does this work? I really hate it when the interior windows fog up.

JoshABI
12-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I would stay way from that stuff, elcopan. I had a buddy that tried it on the inside of his car and instead of fogging up, it just created little water droplets on the inside of the windows. Almost like he rain-x`d the inside. Kinda funny until you actually had to see out of the window...it was terrible. Maybe we just had bad luck, but I`ll never buy it.

armoredsaint
12-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Rain-x for inside fog sucks, it`s not good stuff, just turn on your system to outside ventilation instead of recirculate, plus running the AC w/ heat is good too.

Brodydog
12-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Aquapel gets my vote. I`ve notices that in the winter, it helps shed road salt and I don`t need the washer fluid as much. With auto-sensing wipers, the aquapel is a safety plus.

Scottwax
12-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Quikshine. Beads just as well as RainX, last a lot longer and no streaking. No wiper chatter either.

Eagle`s 20/20 Glass Cleaner beads water almost as well as RainX too.