PDA

View Full Version : Questions on new PC7424

armoredsaint
12-03-2003, 07:28 PM
I have a few questions about my new PC, the instructions did not cover it.

1. The 5" counterweight has a groove under it to align with the rubber piece and the 6" does not, I assume it is normal?

2. It came with a washer about 1/8" thick, is it to be used between the pad and PC itself?

3. What is the best way to center a 7.5" Lake Country pad? It certainly creates vibrations or would I get a 7" counterweight if that exsist?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

shaf
12-03-2003, 08:06 PM
1) Yes, that`s normal.

2) The washer goes in between the backing plate and the machine to make room for removal. I`ve covered this in my thread below.

3) I`m pretty sure most people just eyeball it. I try my best to center it and then give it a spin by hand to see if it`s not too far off center. It doesn`t have to be perfectly centered. And no, there is no 7" weight. 6" is as good as it gets. ;)

armoredsaint
12-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Awesome 4DSC, thanks!

CRXSi90
12-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

2) The washer goes in between the backing plate and the machine to make room for removal. I`ve covered this in my thread below.

Dang, I always wondered what that was for...I didn`t need it to make room for the wrench, though. :nixweiss It is a light-grey one, right? Hopefully I can find it.....I remember either throwing it away or saving it and putting it in my warranty stuff file....hope I saved it. :sosad

shaf
12-04-2003, 02:45 AM
Hmm, I imagine you could probably just use a metal washer from the hardware store. It`s just a spacer anyway.

Some people don`t need the washer to be able to fit the wrench in there, but with some backing plates you need it because of the way it`s shaped/designed.