PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique - Cold Weather

topnotchtouch
12-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey all,

I would like to treat my leather as it is starting to show some signs of wear as far as wrinkles. How does the cold affect the product? All of the instructions I have seen for it say the rejuvinator needs to be applied and then left to sit in the sun. They seem to imply that it needs the heat for the rejuvinator to soak into the leather. Anyone have any luck applying it during winter when sunny days are rare?

Thanks

imported_BretFraz
12-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I tried it recently on a 60 deg day and it didn`t work all that well. The car was in and out of the sun so that had something to do with it too.

From the research I`ve done on Leatherique it seems like the interior has got to get plenty hot so that the Rejuventor Oil can get into the pores of the leather. I think what happened to me was that it never got hot enough to open the leather pores so I didn`t get a good result.

Personally I don`t think its gonna work well in the winter, sunny or not. Maybe someone else has another idea.

bjwebster
12-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Well, I Did Leatherique On my car in the winter when it was parked outside. What I ended up doing was putting a little ceramic heater on a pot in the cargo area of my car where it could do no harm. I checked it frequently to make sure it wasnt gonna cause any problems. It worked well and really got the interior up to a good temperature. Try at yoiur own risk, lol!

topnotchtouch
12-03-2003, 12:04 PM
I am seriously thinking about taking both bucket seats out and setting them on the floor in the garage and putting them under my halogen lights (1200 watts)

Any thoughts on this?

ccreamer
12-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

Well, I Did Leatherique On my car in the winter when it was parked outside. What I ended up doing was putting a little ceramic heater on a pot in the cargo area of my car where it could do no harm. I checked it frequently to make sure it wasnt gonna cause any problems. It worked well and really got the interior up to a good temperature. Try at yoiur own risk, lol!

That is a great idea! Thanks, I should be getting my Leatherique any day now, hopefully I can do it this weekend.

Cory

BradE
12-03-2003, 03:25 PM
You could remove the seats if you wish to do so. The light idea might work, but I`d be careful about how close you get them to the lights, we don`t want any accidents. If you have the heat on in your house, just set them near a vent. Or, you can heat them with a hair dyer if you must. I agree with Bret though, I`ve tried the process when it`s cold out and it does not work well, Leatherique needs to heat to perform.

Nick@DParadise
12-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

I am seriously thinking about taking both bucket seats out and setting them on the floor in the garage and putting them under my halogen lights (1200 watts)

Any thoughts on this?

That is a good idea. For best results, put the seats is a large plastic bag to create a micro-climate. The pores will open, the humidity will stay high and RO will absorb better. You can also move the lights further away from the seats.

chris0626
12-04-2003, 12:44 AM
First time I tried Leatherique was in winter so I brought the seats indoors (ca. 72 degrees F) to work on them, and it just did not work, didn`t have much effect. Later, tried it in good warm/hot conditions, and it was great. So I too have a hunch that temperature is a key factor.