PDA

View Full Version : Who has used DFTowels?

PDT447
12-01-2003, 04:58 PM
What does the community who has used them think of them?

I was basiccally looking for a very good MF to dry my clients cars with and this one jumped out at me.

What do you guys know of them?

How would you compare to pakshak or JT International?

DCT
12-01-2003, 06:21 PM
I love mine for removing carnauba, and for final detailing! This is now my "towel of choice" for those jobs. Haven`t tried it on synthetics yet, so that remains to be seen. For removing polishes and "grunt" work, MF`s are still my choice, and Pakshak`s or JT`s towels are excellent choices. Recently I had the chance to try one of Poorboy`s new "Mega Plush" towels, and it is awesome!!!! By far and away the plushest towel I`ve used to date......... and I`ve used a bunch!

SK2003TypeS
12-01-2003, 06:23 PM
For drying, Pakshak WW towel is great ! I dry with water first, then use my WW to get whatever`s left without having to wring it out once.

The DFTowel is more for final buffing work IMO.

johnnygee3
12-01-2003, 06:26 PM
I use mine just for wiping off L.G.(I think I`m the only one in here that uses L.G.) I won`t use it for drying,Have M.F. for that

Dinzdale40
12-01-2003, 06:33 PM
the df towels are microfibers, they are just terry weave. I like to use mine when hand polishing mostly. I use mf`s for buffing waxes and polishes out. For drying, it is hard to beat a WW MF from Pakshak. the DFtowels are really really soft and really really good quality though. I really like them, I just hate to have to put any wear and tear on such a nice towel.

JJUACC
12-01-2003, 06:37 PM
I like them for detailing around the emblems on my Corvette.

They are not as thick as the Concours Buffing Towels found here on Autopia, IMHO.

Scott P
12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Actually, the DF Towel is not microfiber, it is cotton. I have two of the Autopia versions (Concours Buffing Towel) and really love them. The are great for quick detail work. I use them soley for that purpose. But, they also work well for wax removal.

They do not absorb as well as a waffle weave MF towel. For drying, I would lean in that direction.

Dinzdale40
12-01-2003, 08:09 PM
"Our flagship product, the DFâ„¢ Concours Towel, is an exceptionally soft, super absorbent terrycloth. The fabric is woven from our own unique AlpineMicrofiberâ„¢ yarn. AlpineMicrofiberâ„¢ is made entirely of natural materials, no artificial fibers of any kind are used in the weaving or sewing of this amazing product. What is microfiber? Click here to find out." -taken from the first page of dftowel.com

It may be a type of cotton, but it is still a microfiber.

imported_vindaloo
12-02-2003, 09:00 AM
I prefer to use the DF`s for QD`ing and final buffing after waxing or polishing.

Normal MF`s such as Pakshak are better at removing product because they tend to drag more whereas the DF seems to glide across the paintwork without removing all traces as they are so soft.

Pakshak WW preferred for drying.