PDA

View Full Version : Classes to learn professional detailng?

MG21
12-01-2003, 12:50 AM
HI I was wondering if there are any hands on learning classes on auto detailing or do most people just learn as they go and maybe use tips from sites like these. I mean I never used a porter cable I wouldnt want to burn the paint practicing on a new car. I would definitely like to learn I have searched this site and there is alot of info here but was wondering if there were actual classes that I could take. I live in the New York City area if there are any classes that do exist and are in my area can someone let me know? Thanks in advance for any info.

X_tip
12-01-2003, 01:03 AM
I personally don`t recoomend taking detailing classes. You can learn heck lots of things just reading from people like scottswax and others. When I came to autopia, I have zero knowledge. I learn bit by bit slowly over time.

You need TIME to master detailing skill. You must do it OVER and OVER again.

adrianko43
12-01-2003, 01:21 AM
you cant mess up using a porter cable because it is a random orbital. Just go for it!!

imported_BretFraz
12-01-2003, 04:24 AM
This topic has been discussed before so you might want to do a search on it.

There are companies like Right Look and Detail King that sell training videos. Other companies like Auto Int`l that offer hands on training. And plenty of local car clubs have seminars and get togethers where people can try products and tools and learn new techniques.

One community member, NYDetailer, has organized get togethers in NYC that allowed attendees to work on their cars with tools like a PC. You might want to seek him out via PM and ask if he can offer some help.