PDA

View Full Version : Need help buying pads for my new Porter Cable.

elcopan
11-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know of any good deals out there for Pads? I just placed an order for a porter cable at coastal tools. I still have to buy some polishing pads but I`m a little confused. I don`t want to buy items that I will never use. I was thinking of buying a DAP Kit from www.properautocare.com.

$50.00 It includes:

1- 6in Lambswool Pad

1- Yelo Pad

2- White Pads

1- Grey Pad

2- Terry Bonnets

Or I could just buy pads:

1- Yelo Pad

1- White Pad

1- Grey Pad

I think these are $8.00 to $11.00 a piece.

I already have good cotton terry towels and micro fiber towels for buffing off polish and wax.

I have a black 2004 Maxima with light swirl marks (my wife dried it with a dirty bath towel left outside), and a white 2000 Civic that has always been kept clean but never been waxed. My civic will need the most attention. Any suggestions?

imported_krsjuan
11-30-2003, 11:44 PM
Hi,

I just purchased a pc and some pads recently and I would recomend that you buy at least two of each. I purchased them from http://www.topoftheline.com/7durvelpad.html

When you buy 6 pads, they lower the price to $7.50 per pad. These are the Lake Country pads that everyone recomends.

andriver
12-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by krsjuan

Hi,

I just purchased a pc and some pads recently and I would recomend that you buy at least two of each. I purchased them from http://www.topoftheline.com/7durvelpad.html

When you buy 6 pads, they lower the price to $7.50 per pad. These are the Lake Country pads that everyone recomends.

I agree. That is what I purchased.

jimmybuffit
12-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Using a 7 1/2" pad on the PC? Hmmm.

I`ll give it a try today...

I sure like the 6/$45 part...

Jim

jimmybuffit
12-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Tried 7 1/2" "The Edge" pad today. Removing swirls (dealer installed) from a new, black Mazda 6.

Worked well enough. I felt more in control with the 6" pad from CMA or Meg`s.

Just two cents

Jim

armoredsaint
12-01-2003, 07:27 PM
TOL has the better prices compared to propertools or CMA or whatever they are called today. TOL 7.5 Lake Country pads are still cheaper than CMA`s 6.5, good figure.