PDA

View Full Version : Alternate To Garage At The Mall

imported_CBX Carl
11-30-2003, 06:36 PM
I was cruising thru the mall this morning and I noticed someone detailing their SUV inside/under one of the Shopping Cart Return Stalls in the parking lot. I drove buy and it was a small SUV and he was all the under as the stall is the length of two full length parking spots. We chatted a bit and he says he has been doing it for years, lots of headroom as well. The orientation to the sun was just right for a morning wash.

I have to try it and grab a pic.

jkochis
11-30-2003, 07:08 PM
I`ve seen mobile detailers set up the tents like that in parking lots. Dont think I`d use the Mall myself...easier to wait for some shade off of the side of a tall building or tree.

imported_CBX Carl
11-30-2003, 07:45 PM
In my neighborhood a garage and/or shade is hard to come by. Sometimes you can not even find a parking spot, overnight double parking is the norm and during the Holidays even Triple Parking. You can see with such density a creative solution is always welcome.

I plan to do my next QEW wash there , a new place to hide out from the Wife and Kids. Honestly Honey, I was at the Mall detailing the Truck......realllllly. :)

Bill D
11-30-2003, 07:47 PM
I`m surprised the mall authorities didn`t kick him out of there. Although I would never report one of my fellow detailing fanatics I personally would think twice before parking my car and working on it an unauthorized spot. If the mall has security maybe he pays them off?

I try not to detail my car in a public lot if I am planning to go shopping after. Might grab the attention of some wise guy who would do who knows what to my car while I`m gone, I`m sure he can do plenty while I`m gone even though am I am an extraordiarily fast shopper :(

I`m guess I`m just trying to say proceed with caution.

imported_CBX Carl
11-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Actually I have always detailed my Truck at this mall, never been questioned in two years. I even hook up an inverter to the battery and run my PC.

There is a Car Wash with stalls on the mall property as well so you do see people all over scouting shady spots and finishing up and detailing their cars. The car wash has a small lot and once you exit the stall you have to move out of their lot completely.

It is one of the largest malls, Franklin Mills here in Phila.

Agree about the security issue, theft is rampant around the Holidays. Quite a few Trollers wait for trunks to be filled and the shoppers return to the mall to shop further. They pop the trunks and steal the contents. The local newspaper prints page upon page of thefts of this type.

Bill D
12-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Ah..Franklin Mills, I`ve been there once or twice, never knew there is car washing availible on the premise.. now thats My Kind of Mall :xyxthumbs

imported_ajbarnes
12-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Lost Pup

In my neighborhood a garage and/or shade is hard to come by. Sometimes you can not even find a parking spot, overnight double parking is the norm and during the Holidays even Triple Parking. You can see with such density a creative solution is always welcome.

I plan to do my next QEW wash there , a new place to hide out from the Wife and Kids. Honestly Honey, I was at the Mall detailing the Truck......realllllly. :)

I`m from Philly Too!!:wavey I know exactly what you`re talking about!!!!!