PDA

View Full Version : Products you can use in direct sun?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_NHBFAN
11-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Now that`s it not so hot, I`m curious about which products you can use in direct sun light.

I believe you can use VM and EX in the sun. Is this correct? Any other choices?

andriver
11-30-2003, 12:18 PM
You can use ClearKote products in the sun or so the label say. I personally have not tried it but ScottWax does it in the sun. You can also use Poorboy products in the sun according to their label.

imported_memnuts
11-30-2003, 12:38 PM
I use no products in direct sunlight, but the products mentioned will work this time of year in questioned condition. :wavey

Detailing NY
11-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Nothing but CLEARKOTE baby. stuff works awesome in the sun and i get a great tan doing it

imported_Terry
11-30-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ejant

Zaino,

This is from the Zaino website.

"I have applied Z-2 in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It`s worth it. Different situations affect drying times." About 3 months ago I called Sal Zaino regarding using the new Zaino in the sun because it is way thinner than the old Zaino....He said "do not apply it in the sun." :nono

Alex Creasey
11-30-2003, 05:46 PM
Have had no probs with any of Clearkote`s products or Poorboy`s EX in the sun (when we get it of course! ;)).

:)

tom p.
11-30-2003, 06:30 PM
I never wax in the sun but Poorboy`s instructions say it`s OK to do so.

imported_NHBFAN
11-30-2003, 07:10 PM
I used VM and EX today in the direct sun with no problems.

I even used more product than I should have and let it sit for awhile before buffing off.

Scottwax
11-30-2003, 07:52 PM
American Shine Carnauba Wax can also be used in the sun with great results.

maxshine
11-30-2003, 07:58 PM
I`ve used EX in direct sunlight. After about 1/2 of vehicle was applied it did start to set up just a `little` bit on my pad which caused a little streaking while applying. But it did work very well IMHO - and very easy to remove.:up

imported_NHBFAN
11-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

American Shine Carnauba Wax can also be used in the sun with great results.

Scottwax,

Does it (American Shine) claim it can be used in the sun, or have you learned that from experience?

c097512
11-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Poorboys

Scottwax
11-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Scottwax,

Does it (American Shine) claim it can be used in the sun, or have you learned that from experience?

They do claim it can be used in the sun and they aren`t kidding. I used it on a black Explorer on a July day in the direct sun. No problems with application or removal. Nice shine, too.

imported_NHBFAN
11-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

They do claim it can be used in the sun and they aren`t kidding. I used it on a black Explorer on a July day in the direct sun. No problems with application or removal. Nice shine, too.

Great! (he says sarcastically).

Here comes another purchase.

Well I have:

sunlight toppers = EX and American Shine

sunlight polish/glaze = VM

All I need now is a good sunlight paint cleaner. Guess I`ll have to look at another Poorboy`s product.

Scott P
12-01-2003, 08:29 AM
I`ve successfully used both Poorboy`s and Clearkote in the sun.