PDA

View Full Version : Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer - Dilute it?

Pages : [1] 2

MattZ28
09-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Has anyone had any luck diluting this product? I have had luck diluting Zaino Z6 1:1 with water. I`ll probably be doing more experimenting with UPP after my Natty`s wears down, and I`m going to get UGE from Autogeek. I want to know if I can dilute it, and if so, what ratio?

Thanks
Matt

CharlesW
09-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Just my opinion, but I wouldn`t. Of course I wouldn`t have diluted the Z6 either. (Unless Zaino recommended doing it.)
My feeling is that the manufacturers have probably already diluted the active ingredients all they feel is practical without affecting the performance of the product.

Charles

MattZ28
09-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW
Just my opinion, but I wouldn`t. Of course I wouldn`t have diluted the Z6 either. (Unless Zaino recommended doing it.)
My feeling is that the manufacturers have probably already diluted the active ingredients all they feel is practical without affecting the performance of the product.

Charles

Sal does recommend diluting Z6 on the website.

Jngrbrdman
09-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Why on earth would you dilute such a fabulous product? Do you add water to your scrambled eggs? Do you water down your beer so it lasts longer? Four Star Gloss Enhancer is an awesome product that should be enjoyed undiluted in my opinion. I can`t see a benefit in dumbing it down at all.

MattZ28
09-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
Why on earth would you dilute such a fabulous product? Do you add water to your scrambled eggs? Do you water down your beer so it lasts longer? Four Star Gloss Enhancer is an awesome product that should be enjoyed undiluted in my opinion. I can`t see a benefit in dumbing it down at all.

Sorry, I didn`t mean to offend you by asking a question. I thought that`s what this forum is for. Anyways, I`m 17 and I don`t have money pouring out of my ass, so diluting a QD spray would be a good way for me to get more for my money.

JeffBruce
09-09-2004, 08:57 PM
I bought the gallon size to save money ...and just pour it in my sprayers when low....
jeff

Jngrbrdman
09-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28
Sorry, I didn`t mean to offend you by asking a question. I thought that`s what this forum is for. Anyways, I`m 17 and I don`t have money pouring out of my ass, so diluting a QD spray would be a good way for me to get more for my money.

I wasn`t trying to sound offended. I was being ironic. ;) Anyway, watering down a QD is like watering down you gasoline so you get more for the money. It is supposed to be used full strength. Its not like you really need to use it that often anyway. I use quite a bit of QD and I can get a gallon to last nearly a whole year. A gallon of this stuff is going to last someone only taking care of their own car a really long time. I don`t think you`ll need to worry about watering it down. I think it would lose that sparkle that makes it such a great QD if it wasn`t full strength.

MattZ28
09-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Ok thanks for the explanation, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please excuse my rudeness, I`m going insane up here in New Jersey with my parents...I really need to get back home to FL. If I have to spend more time up here due to Hurricane Ivan, I think I`m gonna lose it (especially with no car to wax!).

The Chee
09-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Hey Matt, I use my UGE full strength as I`m not sure if it`ll be less slick once diluted , I just love the slickness on my paint. Hopefully there`s sale on the 4* Ultimate line this Christmas, I wanna pick up a gallon size of it .
I just went to QD my car couple of minutes ago , and when I sprayed the hood, yikes!!!! yellow fluorescent liquid came out, I accidentally picked up the 4* wheel cleaner instead of UGE :wait :wait . so make sure you pick up UGE and not something else:-p . It has been a pretty long day for me

jay
09-10-2004, 08:44 AM
i believe clearkote dq is concentrate soyou can dillute it

TheSopranos16
09-10-2004, 09:05 AM
I personally wouldn`t dilute it. But if you are going to, make sure you use distilled water, thats important! If you are looking to save some money (and theres certainly nothing wrong with that), I would think about switching to more economical product lines. Zaino and 4* Ultimate aren`t known for being the most economical choices out there. Poorboys and four star`s detailer product line, for example, are more affordable and still produce results that are far superior to what you can get from pepboys. So before I started diluting products, I would look into more economical products in general, but then use them full strength as directed. Good Luck.

-Charles

The Chee
09-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by TheSopranos16
Poorboys and four star`s detailer product line, for example, are more affordable and still produce results that are far superior to what you can get from pepboys. So before I started diluting products, I would look into more economical products in general, but then use them full strength as directed. Good Luck.

-Charles

QD+ and 4* spray wax are not really recommended for sealants due to carnauba, I guess the choice is pretty limited if you take price into consideration . I guess we are all looking for something that`s cheap and good :P . Not sure if Meg`s Last touch is recommended for sealants tho, I`ve got a gallon of it

CharlesW
09-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Wharever QD you dcide to use, buying it by the gallon is definitely the beat way to keep the cost down.
Meguiar`s Final Detail, Meguiar`s Final Inspection, and Four Star UGE in gallons have all worked well for me.
The UGE is reserved for use on the vehicles with UPP on them although I do think any of the thre QD`s would be fine on any LSP. The Final Detail is high on silicone and because of that, I wouldn`t use it when I was planning to apply more sealant in the very near future.
I also think that after a wash or two any silicone problem from the FD would be eliminated.
Final Detail has been discontinued and it appears that the Last Touch is very similar and is considered the replacement for FD.

Charles

MattZ28
09-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice. $10 isn`t much, considering I don`t have to pay shipping as Autogeek is right down the road. I don`t think they carry the detailer`s line. I`m just going to buy the 4* Ultimate Auto Wash and Ultimate Gloss Enhancer and switch back to using UPP :)

The Chee
09-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by MattZ28
Thanks everyone for the advice. $10 isn`t much, considering I don`t have to pay shipping as Autogeek is right down the road. I don`t think they carry the detailer`s line. I`m just going to buy the 4* Ultimate Auto Wash and Ultimate Gloss Enhancer and switch back to using UPP :)

Why don`t you drop by PAC and give Dwayne a shout you want UGE by the gallon ;)

ps:bring Jeff with your for that 25%discount:LOLOL , you won`t e disappointed with 4*`s autowash, it`s good stuff